Double standards of eBay India

I had purchased an item and paid in full - mind you - in full for the item - INR 650 and the claims I did not pay her for shipping. EBay offers free shipping to its customers. Now, I am not some astrologer to know that India Post would once again tear the package meant for me and try to steal stuff from it, right? I just left that information too in the feedback so that more people will avoid shipping by India Post. Many a time, India Post has stolen stuff from me. I even lost 200 British pounds worth of jewelry that were stolen by India Post on their way to me (were to arrive from the UK). The poor seller from the UK gave me a refund and since the parcels were not even insured and though one of them reached me, I saw that India Post had cut open the packet, stolen my pound 22 worth ring and sealed the package back like they had not stolen anything at all. Thankfully, I keep track of all the items that come to me in an MS Word document and I also noticed that the ring pouch had been cut open but there was no ring in it. I had received an empty packet. Now, I had complained to the India Post website but they pulled up our postman, who claims that he is innocent and that I shouldn't have complained. So, as a tax-paying citizen of India, I am supposed to gag my own mouth and keep quiet. What about my Freedom of Expression? So, I gave the postman another chance but after a few weeks of packages not being torn or stolen, the trend starts again with India Post. They restart cutting open my packages. Despite explaining this to the seller, she is leaving a negative feedback under the category of a positive one. I even told her that her jewelry was fantastic but the shipping option was not good and before I could tell her to use a different courier service, she just hurriedly leaves me a negative feedback. Now, eBay has a written policy that does not allow sellers to leave buyers any form of negative feedback - whether it is under the category of positive or not but when I called up eBay India regarding this, they are lax about it. Then, why have those written policies in place? Right! The seller must have bribed you for Seller Protection and you all at eBay will protect a seller even if she is not a good one. I have always paid for all the goods that I buy. Then, why did that unethical seller from Rajasthan leave me such a feedback? I already told the illiterate seller that the item is of very good quality. I clearly told her that - even in my feedback. Plus, she argues at every point with me. She says it was a "Registered, Speed Post," etc. but I have a very negative experience with India Post in the past and that too, with a registered, speed post parcel - my Mahakaleshwar Temple prasad that I paid extra for sending through registered, speed post did not come for several days. Then, I wrote a complaint on the India Post website and a few days later, the laddoos are missing but a package arrives empty and torn. Then, only a sugar cubes packet was remaining. The India Post employees blamed it conveniently on rats. How did those rats miss the sugar cubes packet alone? Kindly ask your sellers to refrain from sending by India Post from now onward. Secondly, kindly follow your own rules fully and not half-heartedly in order to get more bribes from the sellers. Thirdly, ask your sellers to behave properly with buyers who pay them in full and not expect more from them - especially if they are doing the jewelry making and selling for just a hobby. You have got a whole lot of unethical sellers you need to screen before taking them on board.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0