cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does Ebay remove Neutral or Negative feedback for a price to enhance seller

ramlrev
Community Member
To enhance seller's reputation?

Last week i brought an item worth 80 rs with free shipping included in description..I was charged 40 rs extra for shipping and the item was also made in china and cheap quality.

Disappointed with item i left neutral feedback to the seller,Ebay removed this feedback because i had apparently broken some feedback rules? What the hell kind of rules did i break?

It seems shameless ebay is doing dirty business with sellers and making some sweet money by removing neutral and negative feedbacks..Any ebay admin please restore my neutral feedback that was deleted by your customer support team.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

if you have used abusive language in your negative feedback,it will be removed.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

ramlrev
Community Member
I did not use any abusive language..

My feedback was "Seller charged extra for shipping" and also i was not impressed with cheap quality of item
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I AGREE
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

gizmobhai
Community Member
1. the calculation of shipping charges is automated and seller has no role or control once he declares his shipping terms on listing. if after that u purchased presuming it to be free and charged 40/-, u cant punish seller for that. in fact u missed the details, not seller or ebay where these things are automated.

2. from ur words, it seems u r v v dissatisfied here, yet i see u have been a frequent buyer on ebay. so there is disconnect betw the two ;). lets accept it, we look for deals, if we find it here on ebay we go for it.

3. Was it mentioned anywhere it was NOT made in china? did u enquire before saying u DID NOT want CHINA material? i m sure not. for 80/- u wont get a stuff from Europe for sure. so little introspection will tell you that you are atrributing the reasons for ur disappointment on others when it was entirely yours

4. use of words such as shameless, dirty business, selling out for a transaction of just 80/- actually shows how much we have degraded. think over all the words that you have used? i wont talk of my enemy also in such words. this actually shows how we were brought up. i can only wish that we are more mature and restrained when we talk about others on an open forum like this ....

best wishes. BTW i have just added you in my blocked list, nothing wrong with u, its just that i fear that i dont have capacity to satisfy the requirements of buyers like you

warm regds
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

ramlrev
Community Member
@jasmine

Dude..thx 4 taking time to explain some things i did not no abt ebay.

it's not whether the transaction was for 80/- or 80000/-..The thing customer looks for most is honesty..By removing my neutral feedback for no reason, ebay has shown that it does not care about what buyers think abt sellers.

My only question here is, I am not satisfied with the product i got, So i left neutral feedback. Simple as that. So, What reason did ebay have to remove my feedback given to the seller?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

ramlrev
Community Member
And btw jasmine i cudn't care less that u blocked me. u r not the only seller around, and i am also not the only customer around for u. n i never leave neutral / negative feedback for sellers unless im really not satisfied w/ product. i've brought 30-35 items frm ebay and so far only left 2 neutral and 1 neg..
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@ ramlrev

Why did you pay when you were asked Rs 40 as shipping ? You should have think before paying for the item. I think you expect too much from the seller. You want diamonds at the price of steel.

Maybe your feedback is removed because it was clearly mentioned in listing about the courier charge of Rs 40 and you yourself paid for the transaction including the shipping charges.

And do you contact seller to resolve your issue or directly leave neutral or negative feedback ? I don't think so you ever contact seller to resolve issue.

@ jasmine_collections
We agree with all the points of yours. So we also putting the buyer is block list.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@jasmine_collections

Very well put down.

For Rs 80, the whole seller reputation goes for a toss. That too of no fault of the seller.

Buyers should buy stuff from weekly bazaars and TRY giving neutral feedback there..

And I agree, removal of feedback was correct thing, if everything was mentioned in the listing and if the buyer has doubts; he or she needs to clarify BEFORE buying the item.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

ahuja_gaurav
Community Member
@ramlrev
Did you even bother to contact the seller and discuss this matter? I am sure the seller would not refuse a refund or a replacement, because no seller wants a negative feedback for a petty amount of Rs80.
I guess all the sellers would agree on this.
Had I been the seller, I wouldn't have asked for the product to be returned and would have given full refund.

Now, when the sellers are ready to cooperate(even at their own loss), I don't understand what joy do the buyers get out of leaving negative feedback. Moreover if the seller is ready to provide refund or replacement, why should he accept a negative feedback for that transaction.

If some buyers are not mature enough to understand it, I expect atleast eBay officials to understand this.

This is my first month of selling on eBay, and this feedback thing has messed up so much that I am planning to take off all my listings.

Thank You Buyers and ebay.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply