Claim ID : 850375

ritein2014
Community Member

I had bought a power bank of Xiaomi online and the listing stated the brand to be "Xiaomi" clearly. Although it was mentioned that the product is OEM in the subject. I bought the product assuming that even if it is not original it will work just like the original one. But when I recieved the product, I noticed that pass through charging was not working. I raised a claim but it got rejected and this is the reply I got-

"We have checked the details of your claim and have noticed that the item purchased by you is under eBay guarantee. Therefore, the claim filed by you falls not under non-eligibility criteria. As a result, we have closed your claim and your request for refund has been rejected. For more information on the �non-eligibility criteria to file a claim, kindly check the below mentioned link: http: pages.ebay.in/help/ebay-guarantee.html#buyereligibility In this case, my best advice to you is to contact your Seller and resolve the matter amicably. Thank you for shopping on eBay"

First of all, see for yourself how unprofessional the language of this reply is, I could not understand and therefore called the customer care for help.

When I called them they told me that as "OEM" was menioned, nothing can be done now.

If that is the case then why was the product covered under ebay guarantee ??

When I was not satisfied by the response I got and asked to talk to the senior of the person I was talking to he told me to take the product to Xiaomi service centre and get it checked. When I called up Xiaomi, I was told that they offer warranty to only those products which are sold through either flipkart or amazon. Then why the hell did your customer care executive tried to confuse me ?

I was finally advised to contact the seller, who is not responding to my messages. When I saw his feedback I noticed that most of the other people who bought the item are also facing same problems. 

Ebay should defintely do something about this because I dont think I need to explain to you the meaning of "Original equipment manufacturer". And if on this ground my claim was rejected then please send someone over to my house to check the product =, it's definitely not OEM.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0