Chennai Agent threatens indirectly

dskrishna
Community Member
To all those concerned,

I am a buyer who purchased a dual Sim watch cum mobile phone and my paisa pay ID 26467249022,dated 26th March 2010.Received the product on 6/4/10.

Presently I am having a problem with my phone battery which is hardly 4 months old and when I called Faheem Sulaiman in Chennai to discuss the issue with regard to replacement of the battery as it is just 4 months old. He refused to listen to me with regard to providing a replacement and also mentioned that he will run under a loss for replacing a batter worth rs.350/-. When I tried talking to him about my concern for the 6500/- product, he threatens me that I should think of the remaining time of the warranty in case something happens to it and he would not be responsible. He also mentioned not to put our discussion on record. I sincerely request you all at eBay to take up my matter and allow me to have a replacement of my battery without causing further inconvenience.I am available on my mail address dskrishna@aol.in or 09986011222. Thank you and regards Krishna, Bangalore
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Thanks! I'm expected this from you.

Even now we say, handset carries 1 Year Warranty. You are claiming for a battery replacement after 3 months that too for a spare free battery which we have provided.

In first place, you are claiming Warranty for accessories which we never promised. Second, you are claming for a free spare stuff which we have given (additional battery).

Moreover, your talk over the phone went too aurgumental and only because of that I insisted you to be calm and maintain this relation for the next 1 Year. It doesn't mean that we're not responsible for the Warranty for the handset.

Your statements "and he would not be responsible. He also mentioned not to put our discussion on record" is either a misconception or a false statement from your end. We never said that. Why we would we worry for something for which we are not at fault?

We mentioned the cost of the battery and you need to pay it to get it.

Insisting again, handset carries 1 Year Warranty and NOT the accessories.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Typo at first line:

I expected this from you.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
no company gives warranty on accessories. you are lucky you got 3 months warranty from Faheem on your accessories. still cribbing? buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@dskrishna....

The title of your post is "Chennai Agent threatens indirectly" But who is the Chennai agent who has threatened you.

The above reply is given by your seller namely "game_mastr" from whom you have purchased your cellphone. So who has threatened you, please let us know.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

the seller has some valid points, no company provides warranty for accessories

"Insisting again, handset carries 1 Year Warranty and NOT the accessories. "
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
Either seller or buyer is misrepresenting the facts. RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
Playing the devils advocate once again after years:

Ebay has a warranty policy which expressly states:

" you need to include one of the following in the item description:
The full text of the written warranty
A statement explaining how to get a free copy of the written warranty upon written request
A link to a page with the warranty details"

Most seller do not do this.

If the seller had mentioned the warranty terms fully, than the sad situation would not have arisen.

About the statement warranty is not available on accessories.

Most brand name mobile phones have a 6 month warranty on the batteries, so a buyer is correct in assuming that there will be a warranty on the battery.

No gives anything free. All china phones include two batteries. The cost is covered in the sale price.

posting.id.in
Community Member
The warranty policy for the ebay.in site is here:

>http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/warranties.html

It states:

eBay members who offer items on eBay valued at more than Rs. 1000 and who offer either a written warranty or service contract with the items must in their item descriptions provide the following:
The full text of the written warranty
Warrant period
Things covered under warranty
Key exceptions to warranty
Process to make a claim

Nowhere the seller has mentioned the key exceptions - accesories not covered under warranty.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

c153niyam
Community Member
Agree ...if accesssories were included with purchase warranty should apply to all that was purchased. Seller cannot pick and choose what is covered
Message 10 of 13
latest reply