cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chat with Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India (7 Feb, 5 - 6 PM)

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members

Join Rajan Mehra, Country Manager, eBay India for an Open House discussion on buying and selling on eBay India. Open House gives senior eBay staff members the opportunity to interact with members of the community and we presume that community would also be equally eager to do the same.

Rajan will be available on this thread on Thursday, the February, 07 2008, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST for an interactive discussion with our community members.
Click on 'Post a Reply' link at top of the page to submit your questions before or during the discussion.

Please read Rajan's message to the community.

See you on February, 07 2008 at 5:00 PM!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Some of you (kumar.m, jaipur_fashions, coolbrasco & emailswarup) have questions related to the global changes related to the feedback system.

Here's some context on the same. As you are aware, the original intent of eBayโ€™s public feedback system was to provide an honest, accurate record of member experiences. However as the global eBay business has evolved, the original system was not working as per the designed intent in the current business context.

We realize that feedback has been a two-way street, but our data shows a disturbing trend, which is that, globally sellers leave retaliatory feedback eight times more frequently than buyers do and this figure is up dramatically in the last few years. This prevented buyers from leaving a genuine feedback in more cases than one. Even more disturbing data trend we have is Buyers who were subject to an unfair / retaliatory feedback stopped transacting on the site and not come back for more. I am sure you all agree that losing a good customer is one of the biggest loss in any business and the same applies to our sellers and us.

We all realise this is a huge change and that itโ€™s important we put appropriate seller protections into place so that buyers donโ€™t abuse the system.

Let me call out a few Seller Protections that will be put in place to help sellers avoid negative feedback. viz.

โ€ข We will remove, not just de-score, negative and neutral feedback when a buyer doesnโ€™t respond to the Unpaid Item process. The implication for the seller community is that now non paying buyers who do not participate in the UPI process will no longer be able to leave sellers feedback and which has been a long standing community need.

โ€ข We will remove all negative and neutral Feedback comments left by a buyer or seller, when the buyer (or seller) is suspended. Weโ€™re going to do this retroactively too. So all negative and neutral Feedback left by suspended members historically will also be removed.

โ€ข To promote communication, buyers will be prevented from leaving a public negative or neutral Feedback within 3 days after a listing ends for sellers with an established track record;

โ€ข We are reducing the number of days a member can leave Feedback from 90 to 60 days;

โ€ข We are increasing a sellerโ€™s Block Bidder List capacity from 1,000 to 5,000 user IDs;

โ€ข We will increase our monitoring, and take action based on seller reports of buyers behaving very badly.

While I have commented on the safeguards that we have put in place to ensure sellers donโ€™t get unjust negative feedback, let me take this opportunity to highlight some extremely positive and welcoming feedback changes for sellers viz.

โ€ข Repeat Feedback Credit - Starting in February 2008, weโ€™re going to give members credit for multiple Feedbacks from the same buyer or seller for listings that end in different calendar weeks (Monday to Sunday). We think this is a great change for our sellers (and buyers). If you are delivering great customer service โ€“ and it shows through repeat buyers โ€“ your Feedback score will reflect this.

โ€ข Another change being introduced in February 2008 is the Feedback percentage which calculates a memberโ€™s percentage of positive Feedback will be based on just the last 12 months (and not the memberโ€™s lifetime transactions, as it is today), although the total count remains lifetime. Weโ€™re doing this because a memberโ€™s recent Feedback is the most relevant to their transaction partners. Going forward, any negative Feedback left for you more than 12 months ago will no longer affect your positive percentage.

Iโ€™d like to reiterate that we realise these are major changes, and we will be watching carefully for any unintended consequences.

Further to this we know that our members will have interesting questions around this change and hence we have scheduled an online workshop with our colleague from Trust & Safety to address them. Please join Vidmay's workshop on 11th Feb at 5pm for more details.
Message 61 of 88
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

The Shipping labels show the Buyer's address instead of Receipient address.

This bug has started with the launch of New PaisaPay and the same was pointed out in December. ebay Team assured us that it would be rectified at the earliest but nothing has been done so far.

It's a headache as each and every Order is to be confirmed for correct address from the Paisapay Page.
Even the Phone number is never there on the Shipping Label and one cannot COPY-PASTE from the PaisaPay Page.

Hope you will look into this and get the same resolved at the earliest. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 62 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear cosycom,

I hope that my response on PaisaPay above addresses your query.

Thanks,
Rajan
Message 63 of 88
latest reply

Hello Mr Rajan,

The new systems with PaisaPay and the eBay gift certs have been great. However I have a question about the Certificates.

Since eBay has the option to give their customer a certificate so as to offer discounts, offers. Is there any way that the sellers would get the same tool, so as to offer their returning customers and others the Gift Certificates.

I feel this tool enhance customer experience from our Seller Point as well.

Regards
Edward Katchira
onlinebookstall
Message 64 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi rajelectroniks,

On eBay we expect all our sellers to comply with the laws of the land and to be committed to delivering the best Buyer experience. In this regard we have introduced several policies which safeguard the buyers interest. We also buyers to use the safe buying tips while making purchase decisions.

Thanks,
Rajan
Message 65 of 88
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Yes i feel that gift voucher thing is really needed

TechiE
Message 66 of 88
latest reply

But Mr Mehra why have you made paisepay compulsory for sellers, when ebay.com has no such rules for paypal. What is the logic behind this autocratic monopolistic rule??. In ebay.com i have no hesistance in mentioning that i ONLY ACCEPT PAYPAL, but here because paisepay is not so user friendly we sellers should have an option till such time paisepay becomes more flexible & easy to use
Message 67 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Amitava,

Heard you've not been keeping well. I hope your health is improving and many thanks for your good wishes.

Best regards,
Rajan
Message 68 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello skygiftworldwide,

It is so good to see you again! Thanks for your kind words on the changes and I am glad that the initial difficulties are being ironed out. Regarding the few remaining bugs, as mentioned earlier the team is already working on them and they should be resolved soon.

Regarding the new PaisaPay, you rightly said that the system will help in building buyer trust on sellers and increase overall business for sellers in the long run. I hope my responses in the introduction regarding PaisaPay provide you your response.

Thanks,
Rajan
Message 69 of 88
latest reply

rajanmehra@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Umang (indconcepts),

How are you doing? It's been some time. Hope all is well and thanks for your kind words as always :).

I totally agree with you that our seller community is extremely supportive and has always stood by us. We are equally committed to growing our sellers business and doing the right things for our seller community.

While I understand that some sellers might have seen a slowdown in sales in the month of January which could be due to a combination of various factors like Product Pricing, Quality of Listing, Seller Service etc.etc. let me state that the overall business momentum in Januaryโ€™08 is positive.

We have an array of promotions and marketing initiatives lined up (some of you would have already noticed our initiatives around Valentineโ€™s day) and I feel confident that we will see a further acceleration in growth in the weeks ahead.

As regards your queries related to PaisaPay, I trust my introduction above should address some of your concerns.

As regards tying up with a shipping company, I agree with your suggestion and I think that it is a great idea. One of the things we are actively evaluating is the possibility of integrating a logistics partner in new PaisaPay. Given the third party dependencies, we expect to get it live no earlier than the 2nd half of 2008.

I hope the above answers your questions and I wish you great sales over the next months!

Regards,
Rajan
Message 70 of 88
latest reply