cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buyers are taking advantage of ebay Guarentee

Buyers are taking advantage of ebay Guarentee.

Recently i sold a Sony Digicam to one of my buyer in banglore. After receiving it same day she opened a claim in ebay guarentee and mentioned ""In the camera you cannot take vertical pics clearly. Its all hazy pics"".

According to her camera is taking horizontal pics but not taking vertical pics. What a joke. I called her and told her to send back the camera for refund/replacement. She told me that it will take a week time for her to return, on which i agreed. After a week i again called her to check the dispatch status, now she saying - There is no memory card and data cable with this and she has bought a memory card in Rs. 950/- from market. Now she wants me to send a data cable for this camera too (which is not included in listing) She threaten me for a bad feedback too. Due to fear of getting negative feedback i accepted her proposal and dispatched a data cable to her which cost me Rs. 500/-. When i informed her today about dispatch, within few minutes she left a negative feedback. She is using the camera and after taking advantage she will return it, this is her motto.

Why buyers are giving threats of bad feedback and taking advantage of ebay guarentee programe. eBay please do someting to help your sellers.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,
This is bad.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hello Paradeep,

Buyers are "Mai-Baap" on eBay, they can do any harm to sellers and there are nobody to listen about their deeds. Selling on eBay is upon Seller's risk. I agree, there are some buyers who are taking advantage of eBay loop holes...

Regards,

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have had similar problem with two buyers.The minute I told them to return my product,then only I would exchange or refund,the buyers sent angry mails ans sms as if I have sinned in saying so.I even told them that you can give a negative feedback ,I don't care.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

t.2020
Community Member
They all are supporting blackmailers and cheaters who are here today only to blackmail seller and will continue to apply these tricks to every seller and when they will be caught they will open a new account and will start doing the same again.
Ebay should do something for us because if they will not support sellers who are giving there everything from years to ebay then no genuine seller will be here.
eBAY SHOULD DECREASE THERE FEEDBACK GIVING TIMELINE FROM 2 MONTHS TO 1 MONTHS AND THEIR GUARANTEE FROM ONE MONTH TO TWO WEEKS AS THERE DELIVERY DEADLINE TIMELINE IS ALSO CHANGED.
FEEDBACK HURY SHOULD BE SELLERS ALSO AND NOT ONLY BUYERS AND THERE SHOULD BE FAVORABLE FEEDBACK REDRESSAL TEAM FOR SELLERS ON EBAY.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

deepak19810
Community Member
I GOT A FAULTY PIECE STILL I DIDNT GET REFUND OR REPLACEMENT FROM SELLER OR EBAY GAUNRNTEE, AS I THINK ITS SELLER FRIENDLY, MY CLAIM WAS DENIED EVEN WITHOUT GETTING IN TOUCH WITH ME ONCE...
Claim # 58288
Item # 260816578012

THANKS

NOT ALL BUYER. . .
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

samitntina
Community Member
Hi all - I bought a LCD TV from a eBay.in seller Globalgadgetindia (Tushar Nagpal) SONY BRAVIA 40" KDL-40CX520 LCD TV +DEALERS WARRANTY.

(http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&view=all&item=200645363049&tid=641582078010&ssPageName=ADME:L:INRBNMR:IN:1123)

The

product was shipped the next day and I got it the following day late in the evening at 9pm. The TV came in a wooden crate and as the delivery boy was in a tearing hurry to leave, I signed the docket and let him go as it would not have been possible to open the package including the wooden crate, packaging and plug the TV to see if it was working. Besides there was a money back guarantee for 14 days given by the dealer if there was an issue with the TV. Post dinner - I started to unpack the TV and remove it from the crate and the packaging. First thing I noticed that there were not screws to attach the TV to the base stand. The first thing I did was called the number of the dealer - but as there was no reply, I sent a mail assuming that it was late and the dealer may not pick-up the phone. There was no physical damage on the TV so I had no suspicion at all till I plugged the TV on to find that internal LCD screen was shattered.

This was nightmare - I immediately shot off a mail to the seller and also went to the eGuarantee page and filed a claim. I couldnโ€™t sleep that night.

The next day I called up the seller and the first thing he said was why did you not check the TV in front of the deliver boy - Now first - there was no indication by the seller that one needs to do that to ensure that a claim can be entertained, secondly I had a firm belief that sellers in eBay are good people who typically never have issues in replacing defective products. The seller squarely put the blame on me and made it my fault that I should have opened the crate, taken the TV out of packaging, assembled it and seen if the TV was working. Now he couldnโ€™t do anything.

Now I have been with Baazee and eBay for almost a decade and never have had any issues, agreed, the trust I had developed over the years had encouraged me to go for a 40K TV - but that trust was now shattered.

I applied for a refund and put back the TV in the original packaging ready to ship back to the seller as I had purchased a WORKING TV and not a BROKEN TV. I didnโ€™t want this product anymore and wanted a refund. The seller after a lot of follow-ups wrote back to me that if I go to a Sony service center - he will agree to pay half of the 20K LCD repair cost. So now I was expected to fork out another 10K for a product that was sent in a broken condition. How do I believe that the seller did not deliberately send the broken TV in the first place. I checked with the TNT courier company and they clearly told me that they donโ€™t cover LCD screens of TVs in their insurance.

I am now waiting on eBayโ€™s resolution center to help me out of this nightmarish situation as I firmly believe that it was not my fault that I got a broken product which was sent by a money back guarantee by both the seller and eBay.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

pr46551
Community Member
I have been cheated by globalgadgetindia. I just bought a 32 inches LCD from Tushar Nagpal (mob no.s 9911111643, 9711111578) on ebay from globalgadgetindia. The accessories mentioned with the product were battery, remote and Vega Wall mount. But to my surprise the wall mount didnt come with the delivery. Upon calling Tushar, he said that the LCD supports a Wall mount and it is a feature of the product and doesnt come with Product. After i called him again he mentioned the accessory has to be bought separately and also said that it has been mentioned clearly in the Product details that the it wont come with product. I said that that there was no point in buying from ebay if i had to buy wall mount separately for 2-3k. He then suggested me to buy a wall mount from him which he sells for 640Rs. It has really been a pathetic experience to buy a product and not getting all what has been mentioned. He advised me to that i should have checked with him before placing the order.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I bought a 42" Sony LED TV on 17 Jul 12 with one year dealer warranty. The TV went bad on 05 Jul 13. I wrote an e-mail to Tushar Nagpal as well as E-bay for registering a warranty Repair Claim on 06 Jul 13. I have got an e-mail reply from Mr Tushar Nagpal on 15 Jul 13 to send the TV to their showroom for repair. I sent the TV by Blue Dart and the TV reached their shop on 13 Aug 13. Now he is refusing to repair the TV stating that the TV reach their shop after expiry of warranty period. This is really strange. E-bay also refuge to intervene stating that I have to deal by myself with the dealer. So guys be carefull while dealing with Tushar Nagpal of Nagpal brothers and also with E-bay. As of now I am preparing to approach a Consumer Court.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply