Buyer is cheating - stated parcel came empty

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
Dear All

Pl suggest me how to deal ith such buyers. A buyer purchased a MP3 player from me a month ago and stated that the parcel as empty hen received. I took this issue as an incident only. The same buyer purchased another mp3 player ith more price value along with 2 memory card this time. Again the buyer has told me that the parcel was received empty and initiated a refund.

Pl tell me what to do in this case. I dont want negetive feedback but I dont want to face this again. There must be some procedure to avoid this.

I called customer care after reading such things with other sellers also but they told me that there is a department who can check for this. I asked him to tell me the procedure and we have to provide proof of delivery in this regard. I asked him that this is a basis thing and request to tell me the procedure about how this department works and how will it justify its result. But they didnot replied.

I dont think that ebay has any answer for that and all our parcels which are sent without insurance are always under fear of being stolen.

Experienced sellers pl share your valuable experience to avoid or resolve this issue.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Hi,
I had a similar issue. eBay was in my favour.
I think, you should inform CS about your problem. The real factor is, you never know what really happened and at the same time, you will have to protect your buyer.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

There is no solution to this problem if the buyer is purposely try to cheat. Ebay will not help you in this matter, you can try and contact CC but it is futile, there is no seller protection offered by ebay for such issues.

New buyers have come to know of this loophole and are making full use of it to get free stuff. You should have blocked the buyer after the first incident itself.
StopandShop
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Hi,
from my past experiences, i dont think so there are any solution because i try to put sealed stickers on cartons, but its not works.... if buyer ready to cheat openly then i dont think so we can do anything...
Thanks
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

It should be made compulsory for the person receiving the parcel to first open it, check the contents in front of the courier delivery person and then sign for it. Obviously before opening the parcel the person will have to confirm his/her identity and show that he/she is the intended person for the parcel.

It'll prevent sellers from such buyers who claim that nothing was in the parcel and prevent buyers from sellers who might be sending such parcels. It will also prevent both buyers and sellers from courier companies whose employees might be stealing.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
ebay should come ahead and make some tie ups with courior brands. special guidelines should be issued to each courior boy by their respective office to collect he items and check its functionality in front of seller and similarly handover it to the buyer by asking him to open in front of him. ebay should not just merely sit and see this. this will continue unless some steps is taken in this regard. i have seen sellers offering very low prices with about only 5% margings and even below that in case of pen drives and memory cards. On this they have taken the risk of theft in courior as well as buyer cheat.

Dear EBAY please intervene.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
why ebay person not replying to this.

sapana ji pl look into the issue and suggest.
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
thanks ebay

atleast i received a call from mr sohail from ebay regarding this. lets see what i get out of this.

actually ebay should differentiate sellers depending upon their activeness and willing to business on ebay. and if such sellers dont get proper support then theyt might apart from ebay.

my account manager and customer support ask me to mail to trust and safety. ehy dont they talk by their own and resolve his. why are acount manager there for.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
thanks for taking this issue on priority. I thank mr bharat from ebay for his intervention in this regard. But what i did not liked that the buyer was on hold in a conference call and I was not informed of that.

EXTRACT OF THE STORY -- BUYER IS EVERYTHING, SELLERS PL SEEK PLACE IN HELL.
In he morning Mr Sohail called me that they will look into the issue and so put this refund on hold.
Mr Bharat called me and asked to talk to courior.
I therefore agreed for the refund.

Actually the case is not that a courior is received empty. The case is that that the same buyer ius telling that the courior is received empty who is already did this with me earlier also.

The question is not also this that the buyer or seller is trying to cheat. May be buyer is also right. The problem is why EBAY is not coming with any soultion with tieups with some courior brands. Where the courior has its own bracnches (atleast in METROS) where sellers can pack their parcels in front of them so that sellers also have the security and ebay provide them insurance.

EBAY should not continue working in this online market without such protection to buyers and sellers. I have seen so many cases in community board where buyers and sellers aare unsatisfied.

ITS beacause ebay is not working in this regard. Just opening a website and creaing a platform is not just enought. In this case seller and buyers will come and close their account after sometime.

Anyways it was feeling good to have a call from EBAY as it gives a sense of concern.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
seller are always on risk while dealing in low price items where insurance can not be afforded because of keeping the price of a produc in good range.

It is affordable in case of products which are in price range above Rs3000/-

Ebay should seriously look in this regard.

It was said that ebay will take some serious efforts towards courior tieups within a month. But Nobody knows how much time will it take.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply