Asking credit card front side copy is horrible.

sijumanuel1234
Community Member
It is horrible that you are asking credit card front side copy and other documents one after the other after purchase.if you need such documets you need to mention that BEFORE PURCHASE and not after the purchase.I am first time ebay user & got irritated with this procedure.So just cancelled my order
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

deepudon123
Community Member
yeah! Infact i was asked for a address proof too 😞
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear sijumanuel1234,

Thank you for posting on our community boards and its a pleasure to have you as a member on our platform.

The transaction got processed in 3 hours on the receipt of the documents.

Once a buyer makes the payment and if his transaction falls in the review bucket he is notified of the documents he needs to provide once he has completed the buying process and also an email is send to him.

However, since not all buyers fall under the review process we do not ask for the documents earlier in the buying flow.

Having said that, you would definitely agree with us that these processes only help us maintain safety on our site and help evolve a safe platform for our members.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

totabadi
Community Member
dude it verifiacation process ok
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

totabadi...

hey man get your head checked, why are replying to old postings ???????.
StopandShop
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

joshirajen
Community Member
I was also asked for the same.. I cancelled my order... amazon is better den ebay.. ebay sucks..
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Dear joshirajen,

Verification process is to safeguard the interest of the buyers and to ensure that the payment details are not misused.

In case of any account related issues, you can contact our Customer Support through any of the following channels -

http://pages.ebay.in/paisapay/phone-support.html

Regards
Seema
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

ssudeep96
Community Member
Same story here.Ebay asks front copy
Now I would like to know how to cancel that order .I canotacted the seller no response so far
Message 8 of 8
latest reply