Are you enjoying SUPERHERO ?

krishnaindia
Community Member
I find it a bit strange to say this but I find this competition quite luke warm .

It could be my initial expectations which were quite high when it all started. But now it is actually getting to my nerves.

There are so many reasons why I am saying this:

1. The coders/developers dont know what they are coding , they dont understand what incremental feedback is in this competition.

2. Leaderboard is basically a farce for not show elaborate results(scorecard) on one page . I have to first wait for superheroes to appear on the flash (they are a bit slow to appear !!) and then click to see how each of them is doing.

3. Everytime I log in I can vote, so I have been voting for each one of them ! Coders get your cookies right !

4.Just by putting Superheroes on a choo-choo train is not good enough. We love to see information - side by side !

5. I have not seen any discussion threads for any of the teams to see what all they are planning and as what their gameplan is.

6. Some teams are so unbalanced . One even has 100+ feedback player to support him from day one !

So how does our our superheroes think about this competition. And how are our team memebers feeling about this ? Are you getting all that support ?
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi krishnaindia,

In my team only 3 of them are active members and rest 4 are not responding and are not selling any item since a long time. I am contacting all my team members but none except one is in contact with me. In this situation how can I win this race? Other SuperHeroes have been alloted more active members with good feedback ratings.

I don't know how much voting rank is useful to us in this contest.

Regards,

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

aarmohan
Community Member
Hi
1.The rewards for team members are not attractive enough for motivating members to increase the transactions
2. I also feel that the new norms for power sellers,makes it vitually impossible for new members like me to become a POWER SELLER by showing volumes of Rs 20000 for 3 consecutive months, instead of Rs 5000 earlier may have kept new sellers away
3. It appears that not many are willing are share their success formula,
4. The status/standings of the various teams needs continous updation. The scores seem to be stagnant for quite some time and I know personally from my scores that they are belowmy actual performance
5. Somebody from ebay Team also needs to interact with participants urging them to perform better
regards
R Mohan
(aarmohan)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

I think this SuperHero Contest was launched to give some padding effect to the shock of the New PaisaPay.

This Contest could have be more enjoyable if it would have been launched after the New PaisaPay .... when everybody has settled.

I suppose most of the SuperHeros are themselves busy planning their stratergy for the NEW PAISAPAY ERA.

When it's difficult to handle your own business .... how can you guide someone in a gaming Contest ? .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
You said it Umang ....

TechiE
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

krishnaindia
Community Member
skygift.., aarmohan and Umang all feel that this is not the right thing to happen .

I like this one "padding the shock of PaisaPay" - Umang . How true.

But I have seen some sparks in there ,new ebayers like rehaant , artantiqua .. are actually doing pretty good. Good listing and good items .

Let us hear more..
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

nisha@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi krishnaindia,

We are happy to have your feedback on the challenge so far. We do understand that you have some suggestions/issues for which you can find my comments below:

The incremental feedback score is the incremental selling feedback score that is displayed on the Superhero Team pages. These are the incremental selling feedback scores received by the team members since 01 Nov 2007 i.e. from the day the challenge started hence you might find a mismatch while calculating the feedback scores otherwise.

The Leader board displays the top 5 Superheroes in the order of their rankings who are leading the challenge (in terms of maximum number of successful PaisaPay transactions by their team members). However, we have taken note of your suggestion and will try our best to do the needful. As far as the appearance of all the 27 Superheroes at once is concerned, we have already provided a link to see all the superheroes at once which is on the top Right Hand side corner saying, โ€œPresenting the Heroes of the Challenge! โ€ To make the Superhero Hub page look lively we had introduced flash images.
As per the Voting process is concerned for the contest we were of the opinion that this would increase the user engagement on the hub page as the liberty of voting multiple times would increase the page views from the community members as well.

You said it and we did it - Move your cursor over a team memberโ€™s image on the team page for details. Use the horizontal scrollbar to view all the team members.
Discussion thread is an initiative that works well when Superheroes like you start them and invite the discussions/replies on the same. Hope others start doing the same as well.

As you must have read the criterion which was displayed on the Superhero Challenge hub page initially; we had taken into consideration only those set of sellers as team members who had greater than 5 successful transactions and are currently listing. We have tried our best to balance teams; however we cannot provide the details of the same.

Hope the above information helps and makes you even more excited about the challenge.

Regards

Superhero Team
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

nisha@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear skygiftworldwide,

We understand that some of your team members are not currently listing. I believe this is a challenge that all Superheroes are facing. Typically, in any team there will be some team members who will bring in lot of enthusiasm to the table and will be completely charged up to do lot of things, while some team members just sit around doing nothing. (krishnaindia is a MBA student, and he will probably bear testimony to this experience ๏Š). The trick is to find the enthusiasts and start working with them. One thing which helped other SuperHeroes was calling up their team mentors. Mailing does not work, because often the team members check mails less frequently than most of us.

We have tried to give a healthy distribution of team members based on the category of interest, location etc. however, what we ensured that high potential team members are evenly distributed in all teams. Do let us know if there is anything we can do to help you with the challenge.

Regards

Superhero Team
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

nisha@ebay.com
Community Member
This Superhero challenge was launched with an objective of leveraging the strengths of champions of the ebay seller community for the betterment of the other relatively new sellers. Also business plans and strategy doing the rounds with the launch of New PaisaPay amongst the Superheroes we hope the same can be inculcated to their team members as well.

We truly believe that the new PaisaPay era will bring you good business and better seller experience.

Regards

Superhero Team
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hmm, The contest is really cool.. Especially the cartoon photos of sellers. I loved it a lot.

skygiftworldwide.. If I was eligible, then would have joined your team.. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 10 of 13
latest reply