cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alert for all sellers : Hi tech spammers sending spoof emails

cosycom
Community Member
Hi Friends , Today I have received a spoof mail which is very difficult to detect and look genuine at first sight . Spammer has very carefully put all the stuff relevant to my ebay item . Pressing the respond button will take you to a website :

http://contact.ebay.com.login-session-8be8uypsruh.database.oleole23.com/us/ws/eBayISAPI.php?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=0&ru=contact.ebay.com&FM2MContact--------

and will ask you to login again thus will obtain your password .

so take care that that we reply all messages by logging into the inbox of our www.ebay.in site as a precaution. also frequently change your password.

Narinder

snap shot of mail is attached below :

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Dear Narinder,
Yes,I too got a similar message and I checked it in my eBay message but it was not there.

Since, I had clicked the respond button and had entered the password too, I then immediately changed the password of eBay account as well as my email id too.(I realized within few seconds that it was a trap).

The message was created in a very professional way that any experience user like me can may be fooled.

Well we learn from our mistakes and I had also learned that we should first double check that the message is really from eBay and not from some spammer and then only should respond.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I Never respond to any ebay related mail from my email account.

Samin
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

tirupati_fashions
Community Member
I had received similar email too ..but I was lucky Instead of clicking "respond" I clicked on buyer Ids link and received " page not found "

i immediatly delated the email ..
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You shouldnt have put that link here. Anyways nice pointer for the community ...
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

indianallure
Community Member
HI,
I receive such mails almost every single day.Intailly I used to ge taken in and always deligently reported to spoof@ebay.com.Now that I get so many I have stopped even complaining.Also I get such mails in the name of paypal.:)
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

kamalakkannan12
Community Member
hi all,

There is a fraud guy from goa who's id is vikramrocks88, his original bank acct name is amritpal singh he cheats ppl by asking them to send money directly to his account. ppl please dont send money directly to any unknown ppl. I request e-bay to look for this guy and put him jail as he had already cheated many of them.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Thanks for opening my eyes! Anyway, I never reply to any eBay mails from my Yahoo A/c. But still mistakes can happen. Sometimes eBay also asks for password while I am already logged in. It happens when I try to edit my 'About Me' page. I wonder how will I know whether it is safe to enter my pass or not.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply