cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

99% Of INDIAN Buyers Do Not Know The Value Of "FEEDBACK"

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
This is what all about our eBay.in Site.

It is strange when compared to other ebay sites and we see our buyers are not much educated or are less interested (LAZY) would be the perfect word in leaving feedback to sellers.

I believe the above mentioned are the only reasons why most of the sellers are facing problem on eBay.in

The reason why i have opened this thread , is because i have experienced their lack of knowledge and laziness since last week.

As I am not getting feedbacks from my buyers of what i have had expected , I decided to ring all my buyers to request (PLEADING) them to please please leave the feedback for what they have purchased .

To be accurate, i have spent couple of hundreds since last week and i have called over 200 buyers and requested them to leave feedback for their purchase.
But to my vain, i got only 20 feedback's out of 250 buyers which i contacted them personally.

The weird thing i have noticed when i call them is, almost all buyers do not know the value of feedback and how it works. but strangely buyers who do not like the product , seller gets' an instant NEGATIVE FEEDBACK and i do not understand why buyers do not leave POSITIVE FEEDBACK when they liked product??

Anyway, i have also faced some abusing replies on the phone when i requested them to leave a feedback of the product they have purchased. (FOR GODS' SAKE IT NOT EVEN TAKE COUPLE OF SECONDS TO LEAVE A FEEDBACK AND I HAVE ASKED THEM TO LEAVE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE PURCHASED)

I ASK EBAY.IN , IF FEEDBACK IS SO MUCH IMPORTANT FOR SELLERS , WHY DON'T YOU EDUCATED ALL BUYERS THE IMPORTANCE OF FEEDBACK( I AM NOT ASKING TO PERSONALLY CALL THEM AND TEACH THEM).
BUT AT-LEAST AT-LEAST , AN AUTOMATIC REPLY TO THE BUYER STATING THE IMPORTANCE OF FEEDBACK IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PURCHASE WOULD HELP.
YOU SHOULD HIGHLIGHT FEEDBACK IMPORTANCE ON ALL EBAY PAGES - IN THIS WAY BUYERS CAN UNDERSTAND OF HOW EBAY ACTUALLY WORKS , BUT INSTEAD YOU ADVERTISE DIFFERENT PRODUCTS AND NEGLECT THE MAJOR ISSUE WHICH IS THE BACK BONE FOR EBAY.

I AM WRITING HERE NOT BECAUSE OF EBAY STAFF WILL SEE THIS AND RESPOND , INSTEAD I AM WRITING HERE SO THAT, BUYERS WHO BROWSE THIS THREAD MIGHT AT-LEAST KNOW WHAT SELLERS LIKE ME ARE DEPENDING ON.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

spl_ind
Community Member
Leaving feedback is a matter of choice.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
smartphoneforever

I don't understand why you call it HORRIBLE!???

i know feedback is OPTIONAL. But how come you think it is HORRIBLE just requesting the Buyer to leave a FEEDBACK??
REMEMBER i never forced buyer that IT IS A MUST TO LEAVE A FEEDBACK. INSTEAD I REQUESTED THEM TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND I HAVE JUST CALLED ONCE . I DIDN'T KEEP ON RINGING THEM FOR LEAVING FEEDBACK.

You mentioned how i get time calling buyer!!
WELL, selling on ebay.in is not HOBBY for me. i take this serious and look it is my main source of income.

i hope you understand this before getting into any conclusion on me requesting a buyer feedback.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
rameshmorjaria

Not every buyer is like you Dear!

I am not telling all the buyers are the same.
it is my personal experience which i have faced when calling the buyers. lot many buyers asked me "WHY FEEDBACK IS SO IMPORTANT"
I never asked a single buyer to CONFIRM THE RECEIPT but asked them to leave a feedback and got the above responses from most of the buyers.

LOT MANY BUYERS ESPECIALLY NEW BUYERS DO NOT KNOW THE VALUE TO FEEDBACK.

You mentioned before leaving negative feedback , Ebay requests buyer to contact a seller.
DO YOU THINK THIS IS HAPPENING ???
BECAUSE THROUGH MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IT DIDN'T.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Dear Ebayers,

I am watching that sentiments expressed by Member ID: uniquecreations2012 has become a matter of allegations and counter-allegations between buyer and sellers deviating from main issue.

I agree with the view that buyers are not aware of importance of giving Feedbacks as it hardly matters there credibility, whereas it is most important for sellers. This is not for blaming any buyer or seller for bad services but just an informative issue for improving the system.

In our case also, we have seen that out of 30-40 sales a month, only 4-5 buyers leave feedbacks inspite of our mail reminders. I suppose, most of the cases, this is because of their unawareness.

Online era has been started from US, UK and when we sale to those country buyers, not a single case is there where buyer has not left feedback. Even in some cases, jewellery parcels were reached empty due to theft in transit, buyer has first communicated and asked for our assistance. we tried our best and finally resolved amicably. Generally, no sellers or buyers are dishonest except a few.

So, it is just for the improvement of the system, that buyers should leave feedback or contact seller first if he is not satisfied with the product.

With Best Wishes,
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I love to count money, not feedbacks.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

abinpjose_123
Community Member
That is our problem my friend. Once buyers pay money your problems are over. No need to bother about the customer anymore, just ensure that the money is reaching you at any cost. If majority of the customers are educated enough to give the right feedback many of the sellers here would not even have 50% feedback score.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
abinpjose_123

Didn't you understand what this topic about and what sitare_jewels has detailed about this topic.

this shows your lack of understanding why i have opened this tread.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I don't blame the buyers, after all a customer is always right.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply