how to get Appraisal?

kashmirsapphire
Community Member
i have some problem which is under dispute console now and i have been asked to fax appraisal and payment details.though i managed to obtain payment detaisl on a payment of 200 Rupees to bank as process charges but obtaining appraisal is very hard.
problem is that dealers think they might land in court as it sounds like a legal dispute.they fear that they will be asked to come to the court of law and give their statement.people/dealers are not much aware of online business going on.and when somebody really have no idea about online trade then he feels panic by giving his appraisal in writing.in india legal system is very complicated and police could just pick anybody and out him in jail for QUESTIONING and 14 day custody is easy to obtaion for police.....these are the arguments people did with me.i ran pillar to post and i tried to convince them hard but to no avail.
it took me 12 days to finally find a diamond seller in delhi who accepted to inspect a ring and give in writing about his findings.but he said nobody have a gemological laboratory to actually check if the gemstone studded is really a diamond.he says though it looks like a diamond but legally it should be certified by a gemological lab before he could write on paper that it is a diamond.certifying a diamond or a gemstone further add cost.
we need to take printout of the listing to the appraiser to show them so that they can compare.i took a print but he said how could he trust that i m showing him the right web page print out?
i was about to hit my head in the wall when he said okay lets check it online.thank god his beighbor showroom had internet connection and i showed him the ring live on ebay listing.
now i will fax these details to ebay and i m oprimistic that the dispute will be setteled in my favour.to my surprise the ring i purchased do not even have gold in it as it was mentioned.i got to know it when i took it to the appraiser.else for me everything which glitters is gold.
i guess ebay should recognise some people to whome buyers could go and get their item inspected and obtain appraisal.though the process will take time as their are many categories and hell lot of cities in india.but someday in future when the project is completed www.ebay.in will be in a better position to settel claims and disputes.
i paid good m,oney to get appraisal which further increased the amount at stake in disputed deal.i paid 200 buck to punjab national bank.further loss.and these amounts would not be calculated by ebay.we have to bear them.no matter if the dipute is setteled in our favour or not.
i would respect if somebody from ebay share what view they have about it.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0