cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

electronics_superstore- -ve feedback - Buyer protection

anugnani
Community Member
Hello everybody,
I wish to share my bitter experience with you for your general benefit. The seller is electronics_superstore. The item number is 7627806565.
I purchased one charger which was supposed to have several features like auto cutoff, trickle charge, reverse polarity protection, fast charge etc. The seller has specified that he will deliver the listed charger or any other model with similar specifications. After not receiving the item i emailed for despatch details. I got a response that a upgraded version is being sent to me. Unfortuantely, it gave a burning smell within two hours. I removed it from the powerpoint to avoid a possible accident. After sometime, I plugged it in and found it not working. I promptly wrote to the seller that returning the item is cumbersome and that he should do something about it as the cells (also purchased from him and in good condition) will be useless. He promptly responded by offering a new charger apparently implying that i need not send back the burnt out charger. Subsequently, he did not respond on account of heavy rains and i thought i lost. He made the same offer of refund/replacement but sought the old one which has been discarded by me. After some more correspondence, i gave him a -ve feedback for which he reciprocated and repeatedly pleaded for mutual withdrawal saying that a cheque has been sent , that he will replace with a new charger et al. I was moved with his pleading and withdrew the -ve feedback. Despite my repeated requests to inform if he will send the item/refund the money, he did not respond. I have raised a claim under the buyer protection scheme. Now ebay wants a ceritificate from an independent authority who will ceritify that the item is not the same as the one listed, and that he should be available for verification by ebay and that i should fax proof of payment and so on. For an item that is so low in cost, does it make any sense to spend a couple of thousands. Who is the authority who can give his opinion about the item and respond to ebay's queries and what will be charged by him if he is available.
So my advice to all ebay customers is to
1) See the number of mutual withdrawals is zero
2) not withdraw -ve feedback so that the seller's credibililty is reduced in the eyes of other buyers
and
3) forget about the buyer protection program offered by ebay as it will be unduly difficult and expensive to go through their process.
In case somebody is interested to see the correspondence between me and the seller, they can contact me.
Regards
Anuradha.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0