cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ebay.in --- A paradise for sellers selling fake watches

Hi all sellers and buyers,

I wanted to purchase a casio watch from eBay and I found that there are lots of fake Omega, fake Rado, fake Rolex watches listed on eBay.

I reported some of them but to my surprise, eBay has taken no action against these items or the sellers.

The sellers bluntly mention that they won't provide a certificate or a warranty against these watches. The sellers have feedback less than 100 and all are selling watches at prices at least 10 times lower than the market price which is a proof that the items are fake.

The starting range of a genuine Tag Heur starts from Rs 36000 and Omega starts from Rs 48000. Then how come the sellers are listing these watches at prices as low as Rs 5000.00 for a brand new watch?

It seems that ebay.in Trust and Safety is either sleeping or too much ignorant to understand that these watches are fake.

God save buyers and honest sellers on ebay.in

Truly, ebay.in is a paradise for fraudulent sellers.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: ebay.in --- A paradise for sellers selling fake watches

supriyamotors.2009
Community Member
Thanks a Lot...............Buyer Protection Team
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@real.phoenix(Mustafa)

180498844696 item seems to be removed
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I have seen seller selling branded name at cheap price but its just they are not mentioning the brand name in the title or description but they the picture are as the branded
with tittle and everything

so in this case we seller sud complaint to tns and get it resolve
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

See ebay sud do something to stop this fake watch

this topic was raise long back on 29-04-10
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500007146

but still now nothing have being taken account

New buyer are getting cheated due to this and at last everyone is getting affected in long term

If a particular seller cheat a buyer then every seller on ebay is getting affected due to him..who know the buyer who purchaser from a fraud seller cud be someone else buyer in long run and also ebay is loosing business due to this.Only the fraud seller is just earning well
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

vshwa
Community Member
Here i am, a survivor who just got escaped from being cheated.

I started to bid on Casio Edifice 540D,I did it up-to 3300 Rupees,Only when i miraculously clicked on 2 negative feedback out of which one said It is a replica and 100% fake,But there were 100 other positive feedback which made me blindly to bid on it, Only then my heart started pounding and i was waiting like a helpless creature to get outbid(which luckily happened).

I checked that the seller has more than 100 positive feedback where all those buyers are enjoying their fake watches without a pinch of idea that they have been cheated or some of them came to know about it too late.

These fraudulent sellers use many fake ID's to get some of those feedback and you can also observe some of the bidders on the bid list have a yellow glowing man's icon(which means the user is new and its less than 30 days of his registration.) They use this newly created fake ID's to outbid you and make you bid more(also where i fell by biding my money from 2900 to 3330).

Please do not fall for these tricks, save your money and save yourself from the disappointment of getting a fake watch where you could have bought a top end fastrack chronograph from a store near you(which i am going to do now) Or you can save some money and get that Edifice watch from authorized Casio dealers.

I hope ebay authorities put an end to this fraudulent activity.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

devlisa13
Community Member
To Ebay Customer care,
In your site all the watch seller giving seller warranty what does it mean?? That means those watch are not original/ genuin. Because all watch manufacturer give manufacturer warranty & it indicates watch are original. But in your case it is seller warranty & its fake. Kindly Through/remove those seller from your site for the shake of your reputation. At the sametime buyer will not get cheated.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

meer26
Community Member
EBay paradise of cheate seller's. we should boycott the site so that we simple and honest Indians will not become victims of these cheaters any more.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hey - here are the Paisapay no. 39076821797 / 42279854187 - used to buy Armani n Tissot watches but both of them are fake which are not original where this the service request # 1-78408426075 raised to Ebay n waiting for months but there is no update from their investigation dept. Said there is no update from sellers their call Center rep's said Ebay can help but invain. How come eBay will encourage such idoitic sellers where items are not original. In this Amazon is best in service n providing world class service to customer. Hope this eBay ppl understand the frustration of customer when deceived by some roughes via your portal. Anyother resolution to overcome these sort of frauds.
Message 18 of 18
latest reply