ebay buyer protection a fake

hangme1410
Community Member
I had picked up a mobile where the buyer made tall claims but the product was not upto the mark. Now when I have requested for a claim I get a mail - which I cannot reply to - but I am being requested to get the copy of the cheque from my bank as well as get the item appraised.

The least they can do if ebay is serious about protecting buyers is to give them the addresses of some of the appraisers and also to accept the bank statement which will reflect the cheque no uploaded in the system.

I believe there is no such thing as buyer protection and ebay is just making money on behalf of all the customers. Also there is no way of contacting anybody in ebay for redressal.

Request any members reading this to reply to me if they can help.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

kritaant
Community Member
Hi hangme1410,
I would love to inform you that ebay's buyer protection is not a fake one.ebay accepts BANK STATEMENT
so you can send one to ebay.Next you can go to the dealer of the mobile(the company whose mobile you have purchased) at your place and can get a upraiser i.e. a written document and can send that too to ebay.

For ex -if u have paid Rs 1000.00 for a NOKIA mobile and the seller has sent u the NOKIA mobile of worth Rs -500.00.You can go to the NOKIA dealer at your place and can get a confermation document on that.This is just an example.

So u can take your steps as sooooon as possible.

Cheers!
Vandana (Kritant's Team)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello hangme1410,

At the outset I regret the unpleasant experience you had and understand your frustration at no fault of yours.

I wish to reiterate the fact that eBay strives to takes all the necessary steps possible to protect its buyers from unpleasant experiences, as kritant mentioned, let me assure all of you eBay has a proven track record of Buyer Protection Payouts

Thank you for the feedback / suggestion on simplifying buyer protection. Since we have to maintain the payout processes fool proof and all claims by the party to the dispute need to be verified by documentation,

hence in case of Item Not Received Dispute(INR Dispute) - the buyer needs to give documentary evidence that he/she has paid the seller for the product in case of an INR Dispute (Any documentary evidence (that is verifiable) that indicates clearly that the payment has been made for the transaction is acceptable for processing the INR claim )

In case of an Significantly Not as Described Dispute (SNAD Dispute) the buyer needs to give Letter of Authenticity or Appraisal based on an independent authenticator's physical inspection, as kritant has mentioned its is important for the appraisers take an independent view in evaluating the SNAD Dispute .
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

sachinsm
Community Member
Dear Sirs,

I had purchased a kvm switch from memory-tiger [item no. (390105856236)]. They sent me a defective unit and I sent it back on my cost when they assured that they will replace it. This was in October 2009.

When they did not send the replacement, I filed Claim No # 1707587. But till date, I have neither received the item as in the message from ebay [as given below] nor the refund.

What should I do now ? I cannot even find any phone number or the online help chat which was present earlier.

Will appreciate any help.

Regards, Sachin

<< Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

We are sorry to hear that you have not received the item back as a
replacement from your seller.

We would like to inform you that at this time we have strictly informed
your seller to ship the item to you.

Thank you for your time. >>
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

diamondshoppe2009
Community Member
I do agree.ebay has provided buyer to suspend sellers a/c.want to know how????Buyer's now-a-days have learned to win the product and give negative feedback to seller and there a/c gets supended also on that if seller replyes to ebay for confirmation but ebay also doesn't looks to it.as from feb 16th i have appealed in community court but till date there is no reply from it.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

lezaa
Community Member
I do agree.ebay has provided buyer to suspend sellers a/c.want to know how????Buyer's now-a-days have learned to win the product and give negative feedback to seller and there a/c gets supended also on that if seller replyes to ebay for confirmation but ebay also doesn't looks to it.as from jan 1 i have appealed in community court but till date there is no reply from it. I believe there is no such thing as buyer protection and ebay is just making money on behalf of all the customers. Also there is no way of contacting anybody in ebay for redressal.did not have time to talk to the buyer lost money PaisaPay ID 25798854261
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

my_toysworld
Community Member
DEAR EBAY SELLERS AND STAFF,
I GOT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR NO REASON FROM THE BUYER ID 321vijay HE STATES THAT HE DID NOT GET THE PRODUCT WITHIN TIME. IT WAS JUST 3 DAYS PASSED AFTER THE PAYMENT THROUGH PAISA PAY. AND THE BUYER LEFT NEGATIVE FEED BACK, STATING The item is not delivered YET. Seller says that estimated delivery 'Varies' HE IS A BIG LIRE HE DIDN'T EVEN SEND ME A SINGLE MAIL. AND NOW WHEN I APPEAL TO COMMUNITY COURT. THEY HAVE CLOSED THE CASE STATING Your case has been blocked for certain reasons and will not be able to progress further.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???? EBAY IF YOU GIVE BUYERS SUCH A BIG FREEDOM TO LEAVE POSITIVE, NEGATIVE, NEUTRAL FEEDBACK, WE SELLERS HAVE TO BEG LIKE A BEG ER. PLEASE GIVE ONLY POSITIVE FEEDBACK. IF THIS CONTINUES FOR A LONG TIME. ONE DAY WILL COME THAT THERE WONT BE A SINGLE SELLER ON EBAY AND ALL WILL GET DIVERTED TO REDIFF AND INDIATIMES.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply