cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

eBay is not an Auction Site anymore !!

Dear friends,

Last when did you buy something from eBay at half its market price. I am talking about times when Bazee came into the newborn Indian Online market. We used to get new items at never-before prices. There were lots of auctions and lots of goodies.

But I feel that slowly eBay has turned into a 'marketplace' and is not a bidders paradise anymore. With more than 80% of items being sold at Fixed Price how can a site still claim to be the best place for auctions. I am taking nothing away from this fantastic site but I feel that more items should be sold at auctions rather than at fixed price shops. This retains the fun and excitement involved in Auctions.

Sellers prefer to be on safe-side rather than take risks to sell at auction. But this mentality has turned eBay into a very rigid platform similar to Online Stores.

To give you some interesting figures:
a)Out of 4560 items in Digital-Camera category only 250 are in Auction Format.
b)Out of 2200 items in Nokia Mobiles just 236 are as Auctions.
c)Out of 2850 items in MP3 Players 300 are as Auctions.

You can easily figure out why eBay has become the first preference of sellers. But in my opinion it is losing its popularity as the #1 Auction Hub in the world.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

posting.id.in
Community Member
Hello,

I see you are selling some pirated games on ebay.in. Not only is this against ebay's policies, it is also illegal.

Pull down these listings before you are suspended from ebay or worst you are arrested for Piracy.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Who the hell told you that the games are PIRATED !!?

The are Original Versions.

Mind Your Language !!!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Hello POsting .,.

you did a boo boo...

Check his listings again .. they are genuine.. you are reacting on seeing the prices of auctions.

As for the original discussion on this postng ...

Yes i ageree auctions should be promoted. But we need honest and disclipined sellers.

We have problems like high shiping price and self bidding in actions.

We also need ebay to promote Auctions a little more for them to compete with the Buy Now listings which are in quantity.

Regards :) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
EBAY.IN WILL BE THE BEST INDIAN ONLINE SITE,BUT BUT
WITH NO SELLERS AND NO BUYERS. ONLY EBAY POLICIES.

BEST OF LUCK TO EBAY.IN.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

jhillionline
Community Member
hehe - just yesterday I joined ebay.in. I us to be a seller at ebay.com too. But never saw - this much pirated things there. Even I saw a person selling a Nokia Symbian software - and he written in desc. it is fully cracked. Hehehe ๐Ÿ™‚ what a market place.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply