cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

eBay Gifts Not received even after 2 months: 4th Birthday Celebration Offer

Hello,

As part of the eBay birthday celebrations offer, I had made 3 purchases on eBay.

On March 30, I made a purchase having PaisaPay ID 24059136385 and used eBay gift voucher LQPSEXMYS8

On March 30 again, I made another purchase having PaisaPay ID 24059712475 and used eBay gift voucher LMSKDA0CYL

On March 31, I made a purchase having PaisaPay ID 24067440665 and used eBay gift voucher NZEWZS2YUG

However, till date, I have not received even a single out of my 3 free gifts from eBay. When I wrote to eBay Customer Service, on April 18, I received a reply that I would get them within 45 days of purchase.

Well...it's over 45 days...no receipt!

This is ridiculous. The only reason I purchased from eBay was because of the free gifts offer which essentially made it cheaper to purchase the same items from eBay than another similar site online. The purchase was made because of these promised free gifts from eBay which made it a better bargain. Promising something and not having it delivered after 2 months is downright shameful and then making the poor customer right in time and again requesting his free gifts is not right.

Why promise something when you are going to take more than 2 months to deliver it?

Could Indraneel or somebody else please update me on the status of my free gifts?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hello,
I received the 2 Gift items for my purchases yesterday in good packing promptly.hope you will also receive the gift items in comimg days.or you can contact to customer care centre.definitly they will look in to the matter.
Thanks to eBay for the Gift items!
Regards,
Joseph Chennoth.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Yes! eBay will send you the gifts. You will surely get it.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

52 Days...still nothing!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I also bought 2 items with the gift codes, and i was pleasantly surprised to receive both my gifts within 45 days, although eBay customer service told me they will ship the gifts at least after 45 days! So i guess its a mixed bag. ๐Ÿ™‚
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hello Guys,

Just want to update you with a truly disgusting eBay experience regarding my order that I have had today.

I just got a call on my mobile from eBay which had the phone +91 (22) 66xxxx00 (not sure if I can publish contact details so rubbed out) claiming I had given an incorrect shipping address and that is why my gifts were returned undelivered.

I am a user with 218 positive feedback and till date every purchase has been delivered successfully and my feedback clearly shows it. Last purchase and positive feedback received being as recent as April 29, 2009.

Anyways, I give them the address again on the phone but it then just strikes me and I ask how do they say it is undelivered. The caller says online tracking shows it. I ask the courier and they say it's Blue Dart. Now this is one of the best courier services and we receive parcels from them everyday. So I ask the tracking number. After being put on hold for a good 5 minutes, the lady (Shailaja or some name with a 'S') replies there is no tracking number? What!

So that's that. Now, I receive an email at 6:28pm which says:

"Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay. This is Abhijit from eBay Customer
Support.

This mail is regarding your eBay Anniversary offer gifts claim for the
Paisapay id:24059136385,24059712475,24067440665.

However the gifts were dispatch to your registration address of eBay but
due to incorrect address updated the gifts were send back to eBay. We
were trying to contact you on the number: xxxxxxxxx which was incorrect
and also on xxxxxxxxx.

I would request you to update the proper address on your eBay account
and once you update the address kindly send us the intimation mail so we
can dispatch the gift to your new address.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Abhijit
eBay Customer Support"

----------

This is ridiculous! They just spoke to me on my mobile today and now they say it is incorrect. The other number which is my office number has been active for 25 years! I am an eBay user with 218 feedback and now they say my Registered Address on eBay is incorrect! Are they freaking mental!

This is the limits! Not only are they unprofessional but also pathological liars! This is disgusting! I dread to think if this lying and deceit is eBay induced or just a complete failure of eBay employees being taught moral Indian and cultural values when growing up.

I WANT TO SPEAK TO AN EBAY EMPLOYEE EMPLOYEE OF MANAGERIAL LEVEL NOW! WE CAN'T EVEN CONTACT ANYBODY EXCEPT SOME LOWER RUNG, LYING EMPLOYEE!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

frdsrdiamonds
Community Member
hi invincibleindian,
i completely agree with you friend on all this matter..i have also never received my gift from ebay despite contacting their customer care many times through mails,livechat & phone support....even i remember all the names of customer care representatives now by calling them so many times but they always failed to help me out....they have just one reply with them....
SIR,WE HAVE ESCALATED YOUR CASE ON URGENT & PRIORTY BASIS TO THE CONCERNED GIFT & MARKETING DEPARTMENT & WE ARE WAITING FOR THEIR RESPONSE AS WELL AS GIFT DISPATCH LIST...

I AM GETTING THIS SAME REPLY FROM THEM FROM LAST 30 DAYS....CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT I HAVE FILED COMPLAINT FOR MY GIFT AROUND 8 TIMES WITH THEM BUT NEVER GOT ANY REPLY YET......I DONT KNOW WHEN THEIR CONCEREND TEAM WILL REPLY?????YOU PEOPLE WILL BE SHOCKED TO KNOW THAT I AM ONE OF THE TOP BUYERS ON EBAY & GOT A PHONE CALL ON 27 MARCH 2009 REGARDING MY ASSURED SURPRISE GIFT BUT I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED THAT GIFT EVER,ITS ALREADY MORE THAN 60 DAYS.....THESE EBAY PEOPLE ARE JUST FAKE...THERE IS NO ONE ON EBAY WHO WILL HELP US OUT.....THESE DAYS EVEN MR.INDRANEEL IS ALSO NOT SEEN ON FORUMS.....I THINK HE DONT HAVE ANY ANSWER TO ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS SO THATS WHY HE IS NOT ANSWERING OUR QUESTIONS REGARDING OUR ASSURED GIFTS.....IF EBAY TREAT THEIR TOP BUYERS LIKE THIS,THEN GOD KNOWS HOW WILL THEY TREAT THEIR NEW BUYERS??????

PLZ CHECK MY PREVIOUS POST TOO REGARDING MY SURPRISE GIFT...INDRANEEL NEVER REPLIED ON THIS POST YET COZ HE IS TOO HELPLESS ON THIS MATTER....SHAME ON YOU EBAY

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500003079&tstart=0&mod=1242226657059
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hey frdsrdiamonds,

Read the previous post that you have linked to. It's really sad to see no response from eBay.

At my end, I replied to Abhijeet's email asking for the tracking number for the parcel that was seemingly returned undelivered. No reply.

So I sent a reminder again. Still no reply.

It's now 70 days since my purchase and still no gift.

What the hell is going on?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply