eBay Buyer Protection - A Big Farce

rahulsinghs
Community Member
Sometime back I had the misfortune of buying an item on ebay, which I promptly paid through PaisaPay (which apparently is run by eBay itself). But I never got the stuff that I paid for.

I tried all the steps directed on this site to contact seller and stuff and finally I logged in a complaint with eBay. After which I had to wait for 30 days to send the complaint to protection claim division, which never happened through the site. Somehow I got a mail from someone called Henry from the customer care department, asking me all details of the purchase and the payments. Which I promptly provided, but they wanted me to fax the payment records, which again I did (interestingly I had paid through PaisaPay, so eBay would have each and every record with them).

After about couple of months, I never got a response from eBay, and when I logged into the site, I saw that my complaint had been closed because 90 days had passed since I lodged the complaint.

Isn't it amazing how these people manage to fool the common consumer, although I did not loose too much money (around 2000) but as a matter of principle it should not matter how big the amount is but the intention should be same for all customers.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Its so disheartening to read this. How can a buyer be left to languished in such shoddy manner and compelled to repent for buying from eBay, especially after following all the required procedures.
Hope eBay will take immediate action to solve this problem and send the long awaited refund. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

nbc_international
Community Member
Hello rahulsinghs & emailswaroop !

I completely disagree to your proint.

The buyer Protection claim on eBay is excellent.

My colleague purchased a Laptop on eBay and paid Rs.96000 through cheque.

But unfortunately, he didnt receive the product and he claimed for the same.

Even he was asked to send all the documents by Fax to eBay and he did the same.

He received complete payment wothin 30 days of the claim.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

amareshmisra
Community Member
Hi

Ebay does not take responsibility for it's listings

I won an auction and made the payment by cheque

It is over 15 days and I still havent got the item i purchased-- worth almost 15,000 Rs

What is the accountability for a site like this? I will lodge a FIR and make sure they get BAD PRESS -

Also, what is the guarantee that ebay employees do not get mied up with these sellers and make money on the side at the expense of us buyers who are making payments???

Ebay must shut down in India-- in a country like ours, Ebay is an American company trying to make money out of fooling us
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Dear nbc_international,

In your post you have mentioned that eBay refunded your friend the full payment amt. of Rs.96000.
But, for your information, eBay Purchase Protection only allows for a maximum limit of Rs.50000 (minus processing costs) for payments made through PaisaPay only.

Since your friend made the payment through Cheque, he would only be eligible for a max. refund of Rs.10000 !!
So I would like to know how your friend got his 'Full' refund of 96Ks !!

Thanks,
digital_das
Message 5 of 5
latest reply