counterfeit products

trend_ahm
Community Member
I have bought a USB drive just 8 months back.

it is having a problem now. When I contacted Transcend, they informed me that it is a counterfeit product.

Seller was offering warranty but for that I need support of E bay.

no information is available on ebay as old items are not visible.

what should I do now ?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

counterfeit products

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello trend_ahm,

Thank you for posting on our community boards! We thank you for choosing eBay as your preferred destination to shop online.

I'd like to guide you in the matter which you have highlighted on this thread. We understand that no information of an old listing which dates back as long as 8 months will be available to you. However, if you are available to retrieve the communication that you must have had with the seller and from that the seller ID will be useful for us at eBay to track the item bought. Also, if the listing of the item which you had bought from your seller says that the warranty period is 6 months and above or 12 months then you would be able to contact the seller and communicate with him.

You can also refer to your feedback histroy if you have received or left a feedback for your seller as every feedback comment has the Item number for which the feedback was left.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

counterfeit products

assemblerz
Community Member
Classic example of fake items sold on ebay by fake sellers...
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

counterfeit products

caroldcosta
Community Member
Hi,

I purchased a bracelet from an eBay seller - silverjewelerjaipur also known as kirti impex on 14th july 2008 and it was delivered to me on 17th July 2008.
The seller advertised the product as 92.5 sterling silver with intricate handwork and had priced it at Rs 2549.
On closer inspection the product looked dubious since it did not carry the stamp of 92.5 silver marking. Hence I got it valued from a couple of jewelers. Both the jewelers confirmed my doubts by trashing the piece, saying it was completely fake and didn't have an ounce of silver in it. It is made of gunmetal and its value is not even Rs 50.
I have opened a dispute with the jeweler and also tried contacting him, he has not responded to any form of communication and remains evasive. Not only would I like my money back, I have also placed a negative remark on his seller page and would sincerely like to see this seller banned from eBay.
I would appreciate if eBay could take immediate action regarding this particular incident and assure the return of my money.

Awaiting your reply at the earliest,
Carol
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

counterfeit products

authenticaworld
Community Member
yes, more than 99% of flash products from Sandisk,Kingston,Transcend sold in India are fakes.Make sure to reverify via its website to reconfirm its authenticity.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

counterfeit products

Many eBay buyers have faced problems. I think we all buyers who are feeling cheated should approach consumer court togather to get authorities to take a strong action against eBay.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply