cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

YOU might be a victim of hard to spot counterfeit memory sales.Have a look.

avinashm88
Community Member
I recently purchased a memory stick from ebay india. It was advertised as a "Genuine Sandisk 1gb micro m2 + Adapter". The Seller was digital*memory. He seemed to have a good 97% or so positive feedback, which is why i chose to purchase from him. The transaction went smooth, i recieved the stick in 48 hours. I had no idea i had been cheated. Below i have list some evidence to prove that this is a counterfeit product.

The seller advertised saying "Genuine Sandisk 1gb card + adapter".

1. He gave me a Sony card instead of a Sandisk memory stick, and a sandisk adapter. A Sony memory stick is far more expensive than a sandisk memory stick. Either he is feeling too generous or hes selling me garbage.

2. Genuine products, as he claims to sell come in proper packaging.
I was expecting one of the below packages :

Heres what i got :

If the seller claims the memory to be genuine he must sell it with the packaging.I dont see a reason why he would want to give me a genuine stick without the packaging, other than the reason that its a fake.

Heres a comparison of a genuine and fake memory stick.

Front:

Back :

I had also taken it to a Sony showroom to verify it , and they agreed that this was indeed a fake.

Also, this card does not run fine. Mp3 files are choppy, many of them abruptly stop while playing. When i transfered the same files to my phone memory they played flawlessly. The seller asked me to try formating it, which i did, but didnt help at all.

After looking up the internet i was quite shocked at how massive the counterfeit business of phone memory is. In many countries, its almost impossible to spot because you are provided with casing that is almost identical.

Here are some links :

Fake Memory Cards - Overclockers.com.au

Ebay Guide to avoiding counterfeit memory
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

YOU might be a victim of hard to spot counterfeit memory sales.Have a look.

authenticaworld
Community Member
Yes,All over the world ebay is the ultimate place for sellers to sell fake memory products,there are somany validation tools are available at select genuine & certified sellers where you can check the same for KINGSTON,SANDISK & SONY products.

IN US & UK too there are powersellers too, who are still selling these FAKES, and only 1% of buyers becomesaware or victim of the same,all others escapes .The buyers only feels being cheated after the product becomes bad or any abnormality in performance or usage.some buyers dosent feel anything else..............

SO ONLY BUY FROM CERTIFIED SELLERS ONLY & BEFORE buying ask the seller " if the product is not genuine (100%)i will report the same to ebay & the anticounterfiet agency for the same" or else look for the original India importer sticker or check the same via online tools (for the same genuine & authentic product serial number is required).............
Message 11 of 11
latest reply