cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When does eBay give refund without return?

ashr4919
Community Member

eBay INDIA:
It happened with me a couple of times. I bought an item, which when i recieved was clearly a replica. Its price was INR 520 ($ 8.5). I paid 320 as COD and 200 was a coupon.
I filed a "Item not as decribed" claim, and in the comment box, I clearly stated it was a replica. An eBay claim adjuster called me the next day, and asked me about the problem. I explained them the whole problem and also informed him that the product was not working.
Ebay approved my claim instantly and gave me a 110% coupon refund without return.

Hence, I concluded that eBay gives a 110% refund if the product is a replica and a claim has been filed as "Item not as described".

But, I have read many threads in eBay community, when the buyer claimed that the product was not as "described in the listing". He didnt actually say "Replica", but he just filed a "Item not as described" claim. In this case, eBay asked him to ship it back to the seller.

Now, I want to know, In what cases does eBay give a direct 110% Refund, and in what cases, it requires you to ship the item back to the seller. This is because, If I sell on eBay one day or the other, I am not safe. If a buyer can just file a claim and attain a refund, then how can I sell safely on eBay? Thats because the claim adjuster dosent even call the seller if buyer files this claim. They call the buyer, and its done.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

When does eBay give refund without return?

ashr4919
Community Member
This has been seen happening in ebay india only.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply