Seller threatens negative rating

booksnwhite
Community Member
Guys..you have to take a look at this:
A seller on Ebay says categorically:
If you have a complaint, call us. if you provide a negaitve rating, we will respond by giving a negative rating to you as a buyer.... beat THAT!!
Whats more.. the seller has actually been aggressive enough to carry out the threat..
The responses to the issues posted in the feedback: Am posting them here for you to know.. I have not been personally duped, but one finds this competely unfair and wrong.. how does Ebay allow this??

Havent received the material payment deposited 10 days back
Buyer ajorvekar ( 1 ) 05-Jan-2006 17:23
Reply by Seller: You have not provided any detail of payment made how do you expect delivery
Obviously am not giving you the seller's name bcs i dont want to start here with a negative rating myself.. but cant we have a no buy list of our own on ebay?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Don't worry!

Report him to eBay
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

Select Problems with Other Members

Step 1: Feedback Concerns
Step 2: A user threated to leave feedback by extortion ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
The actual wordins on the listings of the seller is

"DO NOT RATE US NEGATIVE FOR ANY COMPLAINT YOU HAVE AGAINST US - WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO RESPOND TO YOUR EMAILS AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM TO YOUR UTMOST SATISFACTION"

which i dont find as a violation of any norms.

ANd the example given is of a case where the seller receives a negative rating without having any details/ confirmation of the payment.

Also upon checking the sellers ratings left on other users it was noticable that he has left negative rating for most non paying buyers only.

Regards !!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 3 of 3
latest reply