Please advise on Global Easy Buy Purchase.

aslucknow
Community Member
Hi,

I intend to buy a power supply unit for XBOX console (INR 2692) from a seller in the US via reseller "i2cworld_inc3". I want to know if this reseller is trusted or if people have had bad experiences with them on GEB purchases. In case I do not get the item or I am dissatisfied with it will I get full refund?

Secondly, I can purchase the same item from a seller in UK not using Global Easy Buy at around INR 1700. I would like to know how much customs tax will i need to pay for this electronic component. Is it advisable to buy directly from foreign sellers?

Thanks a lot.
Regards
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

This is Sushant here and I manage the Global EasyBuy business at eBay India.

Understand your concern about purchasing an item from the US. Which is exactly why we launched Global EasyBuy late last year. Purchase any item from www.globaleasybuy.com without worrying about shipping, delivery, customs, etc. The prices you see on GEB are all-inclusive prices (except for Octroi which is levied by some cities in India) and you will receive the item at your doorstep.

Also, all purchases on Global EasyBuy are covered under the eBay Guarantee program. To know more about it, please visit http://pages.ebay.in/guarantee/

Feel free to reach out to me at sushant@ebay.com if you have any more questions. Will be glad to answer them.

Regards,
Sushant
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

aslucknow
Community Member
Thanks for your reply. I'd like to know what will happen if god forbid I get the item damaged or if it doesn't work? Will I have to mail it back to the US to get the refund or replacement. Will it be reseller's responsibility?
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

cosmos1353
Community Member
Hello
I am a regular customer of your eaby.in website. My id is cosmos1353.

Off late, it is observed that you are aggressively promting GEB where one of the vendors is i2c world inc.

When it comes to selling american cellphones in India, It should be made compulsory to write in the listing whther the said cellphone is unlocked for use in India and whether the phone can be used in India or not. Merely mentioning " Unlocked for Use on AT&T network" or some such thing is misleading the customers. Once the customer receives such a cellphone after paying for it in advance, he/she has no option but to spend anywhere upto Rs.2000.00 to get it unlocked. Is it fair? And who pays for it? Ideally eabay/paypal/i2c world inc should compensate the customer.

How is it that, as in other listings, there is no link to ask any questions to i2c world inc? why this special protection? Should we buy stuff without getting our doubts cleared?

Please withdraw or amend such listings on GEB by i2c world inc. It gives a feeling that ebay is going out of its way to promote and sheild i2c world inc for whatever reasons.

Hope you understand the implications.

Indraneel Bhatiya
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

kevinjamesgreen
Community Member
Good reply sushant.

It inspires confidence and shows an open mind at ebay.

Keep up the good work.

KG
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

kevinjamesgreen
Community Member
whoops !

oh okay, i get it... the date & time stamp is used in LIFO [ Last In First Out ], but arranged directly below the original post.

Slightly confusing, but whatever...
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ aslucknow: If the item you receive from GEB is damaged or not working in any manner, reach out to the international reseller at 1800-103-1050 and he will take it up with the international reseller on your behalf. In such cases, understand that it can take some time (5-7 days) for the reseller to reach out to the US Seller and for the US Seller to provide a solution. Be patient but also be assured the issue will be resolved.

@ Indraneel: First, want to clarify that "i2cworld_inc3" is only the international reseller facilitating shipping and clearance of items you purchase on GEB (which are items listed by US Sellers on eBay.com).

We understand that there are nuances to purchasing items (esp. mobile phones) from the US where they are locked to a service provider and it the Indian buyer has to get them unlocked. We do call this out upfront on the Item Description page as to whether the phone is with/without contract (means the buyer can choose his/her own contract - applicable for US customers) and also whether the phone is locked/unlocked (means the phone can be used anywhere). We call this out right at the beginning of the Item Description.

You should absolutely be able to engage with i2c World to clarify any doubts you might have before purchasing the product. Feel free to reach out to them at 1800-103-1050 or geb@ebay.com or reach out to me at sushant@ebay.com and I'd happy to answer your queries.

@ kevinjamesgreen: Thanks for the note of support. You bought anything on GEB recently? 🙂
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

punditji2009
Community Member
Dear Sushant,
What's the Email ID of i2c inc on GEB? Phone number not required.Let me repeat sir:What's the Email ID of i2c inc on GEB?
Thanks and regards
Pardeep
)8/10/2010
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

My email if anybody cares:-
Dear Sushant,

Found your email address in forum as a responsible contact point at Ebay India. I am forwarding you my latest interaction in trail email, you are my final hope for amicable resolution to this refund issue.

I have contacted via phone and numerous emails, I awaited reply for a long time now. I have been told by customer care on phone that Ms.Pragya has been deputed for refund execution and she should have called me within 24 hrs of my refund request (i.e on 7th October) or explained the reasons for refund on hold and related timelines. This experience hints at deceitful behaviour at Ebay India - Paisapay team.

Hope to finally hear some update/news and hopefully the refund due.

Thanks & Regards,

Shourabh Goyal
xxxxxxxxxx
Ebay.in ID: liberal1605

Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 8:24 PM
To: xxxx@hotmail.com
Subject: I need a Refund / Refund not received

Reminder 4 Ref: KMM37260344V77133L0KM - Refund on hold (PaisaPay ID 27547881340 - GEB - 330445429066 - New zBoost cell signal booster) Are you guys ever going to refund my money or care to explain this delay beyond PaisaPay guarantees/assurance. This was not expected in my dealing @ EBAY. I hate this struggle with Ebay for my money. I have provided sufficient time for your response, I will be constrained send intimation to all top officials at Ebay India and USA for this lack of response which hints at fraud. Also this may be recorded as notice for future legal action including police complaint of cheating by non delivery after payment within committed schedule, not refunding money or sharing reason/proof(if any) & willfully not responding to refund request and reminders.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

sam281983
Community Member
Never buy anything from i2c. You will burn your hands. Better go to a local shop and buy it there.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply