cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Payment)Cash deposited into bank account ----> How safe is it ?

byegoods_in1
Community Member
Hello every one,
I need some advice about my problem like other do. My problem is that I bought mobile from ebay.in and paid amount by depositing cash into sellers given bank account. After depositing amount in given account he told me to wait for 3 -4 days he is sending the mobile , I waited but didn’t received it. When I call seller his mobile always switched off, within next 3 days he disconnected this mobile no. now that contact no. is not valid any more and he don’t reply me msg or email.
I did open cases n other stuff. now its been 30 days.

I just want to know “paying by depositing cash into sellers given bank account” does it eligible to Standard Purchase Protection Program. ?

If no what should I do, if yes then how do I proceed.
Regards,
Sumeet
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mobilesstores
Community Member
Sir,

Always buy from reputed powersellers only. Never pay cash unless you can afford to take the risk. Always use paisapay or cheque which has proof of payment.

As per my knowledge since you paid cash you are not eligible for standard purchase protection. How would you prove that you deposited cash?

Thanks,
Mobilesstores
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You should be asking how unsafe is it?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi,
If you have the remitance slip with you(which you recieved from the bank at the time of depositing the amount in sellers bank account)you can use it(you can fax its copy to eBay when they asked to do so)99% it will work and you will get back the amount under standard protection programme.
any how proof is must and if it is in the form of cheque or draft it is better.
Regards,
Joseph Chennoth.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
30 days and you have not received your item? I am sorry to say that you will probably not see it anymore. You made a mistake and trusted the seller's instruction to pay directly into his bank a/c.

eBay always advice buyers to pay via PaisaPay which covers you under the Buyer Protection. You may try sending the proof of the payment to eBay.

To answer your question, I will say that paying directly into bank a/c is not safe at all since it does not cover you for any protection. Always pay via PaisaPay even if the buyer offer you huge discounts to pay directly to his bank a/c.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply