My buying experience on ebay, by fraud seller

ravimodi
Community Member

I want to narrate my buying experience on ebay and how "smart" sellers use ebay platform to cheat buyers.

I was lured by one listing on ebay selling genuine iphone5 with free bluetooth offer at 10% less price then market price.
The iphone5 was advertised as original box pack with 1 year apple warranty.

I had purchased the iphone @ Rs.37250/- after applying Rs.750 ebay coupon.

The seller has listed multiple items of iphone5 and other latest models of LG G2, Samsung Note 3 at very discounted rates.

After I made the payment for 4 days there was no contact with the seller. His phone was switched off & no reply to emails.

Then on 4th day someone called on behalf of seller that he will be sending the iphone & bluetooth. But since the item is costly he
will be first delivering free item (bluetooth) and after confirmation that I have received it, after 8-10 days he will dispatch the iphone. I didn't understand his logic as my address was OK & perfect & I belong to Mumbai-Metro city. There is no question of losing the item during the transit due to wrong address. He didn't listen to my arguments or request, but he insisted that this is his standard procedure & he cannot send both items together.

Then on next day 5th I received free Item "bluetooth" worth few hundred ruppes. In meantime the seller has updated the status on ebay as item delivered and completed the sale. Hereafter the sellers phone was again unreachable.

Then I realized the seller's real intention of fraud & immediately send mail to ebay & raised the claim requsting refund of money.

I have tried to contact ebay multiple times but there was no reply. Since last 6 days the claim stauts is "Pending" .

Highlight of Seller Modus Operandi to cheat the buyers..

- The seller was new & has created his account just 1 day before this listing
- There was no positive or negative feedback.
- The seller address was from UP, the item location was listed as Pune, & I received the bluetooth Item from delhi.

- the seller lists latest high value items at low cost along with some small free gift. Then he will
wait for ebay mandatory 5 days to ship free gift only & update the status on ebay as "item shiped & delivered & received by buyer"
- the seller will then keep on postponing the main item until he receives the payment from ebay.

Details of Item purchased by me :

Item Id :***
Item : ***
Seller Id : ***

Purchase Date : 3rd Oct

Ravi Modi

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0