Mobile missing from package...

piyush_cse
Community Member
Hi friends,
I need your help. I have having big trouble. I bought one used mobile ($85) from US seller and he shipped it to me as gift in India. Customs in Delhi, India opened it and fined me 2255 INR, despite it was a gift. Post office said it charged by Delhi and being from Kanpur they cannot do anything about it.
Today I received the package. I had to pay the customs to get it ๐Ÿ˜ž and took the package to home. When I opened it, I found the mobile missing. It was insured and shipping through International Express mail. What should I do? Seller is also new to international shipping and I don't know the procedure in US. Is there any possibility of getting any money back from customs or USPS? How should I proceed?
Any possible help is appreciated.

-Piyush
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mobilesstores
Community Member
Sir why did you buyer from a new seller who has very little experience in shipping international. I am afraid there is nothing you can do except raise a dispute againt the seller so that he provides you with the insurance in case he has offered you any.

It is always better to buy locally to avoid customs issues. 70% of the time the items are stolen by "INDIAN" customs. Though i am from India i feel ashamed saying this. Indian customs are a bunch of hungry wolves out there.

Thanks,
Mobilesstores
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

My item of Memory card sent to Kerala got stolen by the courier guys and they returned the pack saying "Address not found" though it was an address of a company. What do you say ????????. Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

YOU GUYS WHY U BOUGHT TECHNICAL ITEMS FROM Abroad. is there indian importers are dead??

remember dont be in risk and hassle of direct import when indian importers are alive
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

rjpalace
Community Member
First of all .. contact you seller and tell him tht package was tempered and he will do the neddfull to get the insured amount!

2nd : Go to customs and tell them that the phone was missing may be they ll help you .. though i doubt it.

3rd : Necer buy high value items from international EBay sites !

Regards,
Ankur
REGAL JEWEL PALACE
Message 5 of 5
latest reply