Got Cheated by Seller and Ebay

vabo4177
Community Member

Buyer Information:

Ebay Feedback : 100%

Till date Payment Mode : All in Advance

Seller Information

Ebay Feedback rating: 84

Refund Claim ID 1849456. This claim ID was closed by Ebay having cheated me.

I bought this item of 2 lcd which came as one pack (seller saved shipping cost by sending both in one pack) which costed me 3400 INR. I found that one of the LCD of Mi4i not working and I was that time in Delhi (seller’s location) and I called up seller twice to resolve the same but seller didn’t pickup my call neither he called me back (Listen a call between buyer and seller).

Later, I again called seller and he didn’t want that I raise a claim on Ebay, hence, I was suspicious and I asked Ebay to first get the item deliver to ebay for inspection and then send it to Seller (because seller could say that the item is broken) so there was a call from Ebay between seller, buyer and Ebay and all parties were agreed that the item first would be delivered to Ebay and Ebay would send it to Seller. (Listen recording)

Then there was reverse pickup arranged by Ebay but unfortunately the courier guy didn’t come on the committed day. I made a call to Ebay (Listen attached the 1st followup call) then Ebay again arranged the reverse pickup and the entire day my mother was waiting at home but again the courier guy didn’t come.

I again followed up (listen attached 2nd follow up recording) but again there was no pickup done from ebay despite committed by them.

I already told ebay that I am leaving country on 9th April so I want pickup to happen but pickup was never happened neither Ebay told me to send the item directly to seller before I left India and ebay just kept on arranging reverse pickup which never happened.

Now, I got a email from Ebay few days back when I already left India that I need to send the Item back to seller within 2 days and in the email nowhere mention that I need to send to seller because reverse pickup could not be done Now how could I send the item to seller when there was agreement between seller, buyer and Ebay that first the item should be deliver to Ebay only. Moreover I never wanted to send directly to Seller because I read his reviews and I had an impression that the Seller (komal) is highly unprofession and cheater and could say that the Item he received is broken.

I was in Delhi and before raising a Claim I called up seller two times in a day so that I could show him the LCD but neither seller responded my call nor he called me back (please listen attached conversation between buyer and seller). Seller also said (Actually lied) that lot of times he received item broken so I don’t wanted to take risk and I wanted to first deliver to Ebay and Ebay was agree but Ebay could never arrange reverse pickup.

Now how can I send the item to seller without clearly Intimation from Ebay saying that reverse pickup could not be done and I can sent the item to Seller directly.

Now on behalf of me my friend Pradeep called ebay and the executive from ebay told us to send the item directly to seller (please listen to recording) and then only the claim which Ebay close could be re-open and we did that and now after receiving both LCDs seller is lying and saying that one item which I (as buyer) claiming was not working is in working condition and other item which was in working condition delivered to him in damaged condition.

Now I have following questions to Ebay.

• Why Ebay allow unprofessional un-educated sellers to allow running their fraud shops on Ebay? 
  • when there was an agremment on call between Ebay, Buyer and Seller that the item first would be shipped to Ebay and then to Seller then why Ebay acted so unprofessional and could not arrange Reverse pickup despite committed twice.
  • When I as a buyer who has 100% feedback from past sellers where all my payments were in advance and had lot of trust to Ebay .. was always telling Ebay the truth that seller is Cheater then why Ebay advised on Call that if I would send the item back to Seller my Claim would re-open and I would get my money back. Now one of the Item which was working I lost that too because seller Komal is lying and saying that this particular item he received in broken condition (please see the whatsapp chat)
  • Why Ebay record all calls of customers when they can’t audit them to do justice with buyers or sellers?
  • Why Ebay charge more from buyers in the name of Ebay Guarantee when they can’t do justice with buyers and return their money?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Got Cheated by Seller and Ebay

That is indeed horrible, Ebay doesn't seem to function well in India...and that Ebay only takes payment in advance seems fishy...First of all it has zero trust from Indian buyers and upon that they expect us to pay in advance...That is a clear example of a Fraundent eCom site. Unlike Amazon , which gets your product replaced no matter how much of a cheater the seller is....But why allow such cheaters to sell their products on a well known site in the first place...Why not verify each and every seller with the right Identity and agreement.

It's really disappointing how an international eCom site loses it's standard India. If that keeps happening people might loose trust on all eCom sites and there will be a time in near future where we'll have to go purchase manually from local stores where nothing to our specific needs arew present...The convinience of Amazon ,flipkart etc are too good to be true in India, hence all this forgery exists.

I would humbly request Ebay to add Cash on delivery Option to every product along with meaningful delivery charges! And a re-enforce Return system like Amazon.in...By the way Ebay also has a fair amount of cheaters present in it's birth country, i.e. America...

I do not know , how did this site even gain such popularity world-wide.... forget about flipkart and snapdeal!!!! 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply