cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GPRS / WAP settings for China Mobile Incl. i9+++

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

Many users need GPRS / WAP settings for their China mobile purchased on ebay or other sources, so I thought I would start a thread here.

To use GPRS / WAP on your china mobile you need just two setting from your service provider:

1) Access Point Name (APN) and

2) I.P. address.

How to manually set up :-

I will use settings for Aircel wap - you can change it with any service provider.
WAP

***First Step***

1) Main Menu --> Select Services (This may be named variously as net, etc.)
2) Select Data Account - Select GPRS
3) Select the First Entry
4) Edit the account name to whatever you would like
5) Edit the APN to: aircelwap (your service provider settings)
6) Username - leave blank
7) Password - leave blank
8) Edit Auth Type - Normal (if needed)
9) Save

Select Back --> Select Back

***Second Step***

Select WAP
1) Select Settings --> Edit Profile
2) Select the first entry --> Edit Profile
3) Edit the name to whatever you would like
4) Edit Homepage to : http://myaircel.com (your service provider setting)
5) Edit Data Account to the Name you established in the First Setp.
6) Edit Connection type to HTTP
7) Change IP Address is 172.17.83.69 (your service provider address) and the port number is 8080
8) Edit Username to - Blank
9) Edit Password t0 - Blank

Select back or done
Select Activate Account

The above settings are for Aircel Pocket Internet. You just need two seeting APN, IP address and homepage to use it for your service provider.

I will give setting for Airtel here:

APN - airtelgprs.com
IP address - 202.056.231.117
Homepage - http://www.google.com

Request other members to provide settings for other service providers. I will keep updating with other service provider settings.

Paresh
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Thank you for the info Mr. Paresh, can you please provide the site from where GPRS settings for more china phones can be downloaded (JXD-A601, G-Five U809, Sigmatel S90i, T99i, T33i etc)

--------------------------------
Shell Infotech
Message 2 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

These exact setting with some variations work for all Chinese Mobiles.

Just go in the Menu and you will find these settings.

Only the settings for the service providers will change.

I have settings for all the service providers but have sim cards of only airtel and aircel, so have tested these two and posted the same.

I would like other members test with their sim and post the setting for other service providers.

Paresh
Message 3 of 104
latest reply

I tried it on my airtel sim with airtel settings but when i am trying to access any url or even google its showing YOUR NRTWORK SETTINGS DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO REQUEST THIS URL. please help me out.:-(
Message 4 of 104
latest reply

I tried it on my airtel sim with airtel settings but when i am trying to access any url or even google its showing YOUR NRTWORK SETTINGS DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO REQUEST THIS URL. please help me out.:-(
Message 5 of 104
latest reply

Mr. Paresh, I will email you thru "contact seller" for more details.

Shell Infotech.
Message 6 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

Some more goodies for the i9 / i9 +++ phone:

You can download dozens of Java Apps and Games from the followign link:

http://www.mobilerated.com/cect-i9-home.html

How to download java apps to the phone:

Ok, Its pretty simple to add java apps/games and movies to your i9. just

1) connect your phone to your pc via the usb.

2) go into your i9 phones memory card (the first of the two letters) i.e I = phone memory , H = memory card.. so go into the H drive.

3) Create a folder call 'JAVA' and simply drag your downloaded apps/games from your pc into your 'JAVA' folder on your memory card!

4) When you disconnect you phone, go to java in your phone menu then you can install the apps/games.
(step 3 only need to create 'java' folder once)

For movies
1) repeat step 1 and 2 above ^^
2) drag the movies from your pc into 'Movies' folder on memory card
3) disconnect phone from pc and you can now watch on your phone!
Note: i9 phone supports 3GP, AVI format only.

Enjoi

Paresh
Message 7 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Wap seems to be working fine on airtel. Try the following settings:

2) Airtel Live

first click SERVICES icon in main menu==>DATA ACCOUNT==>GPRS==>EDIT any existing account==>

Account Name--> LIVE

APN-->airtelfun.com

Auth. Type-->Normal

save all the settings.

Come back to SERVICES==>WAP==>SETTINGS==>EDIT PROFILE==>EDIT any existing account==>

Rename Profile==> Airtel Live

Homepage==>http://live.airtelworld.com

data account==> LIVE (which we created previously)

Connection Type==>

Here u find three option

a) Connection-oriented

b) Connectionless

c) HTTP

choose c) HTTP==>

Proxy Address==>100.001.200.099

Proxy Port==> 8080

Again save all the settings and click BACK button and choose "Activate Profile"

Come back to SERVICES==>WAP==>Homepage

and you r ready to use Airtel Live...

If anyone has been able to use gprs on airtel, please post here.
Message 8 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

Here is an informative article I found on the net about installation of Java games and apps for the i9 and other chinese phones which have java.

I get asked a lot of questions about the CECT i9. This phone is probably the most popular in the iPhone clone line up right now. Many of the questions that I receive have to do with Java and this is understandable because not all of the clones support this feature. For example, the mini KA08 is a great and popular phone, but it does not support Java and this omission means that you can't enjoy all of the cool applications and games that this support allows. In the following article, I'll discuss some of the more popular Java applications, where to get them, and how to download them.

The i9's Java Apps Allows It To Compete With The iPhone: If there's one omission in the iPhone clones, it's this. There's no Apple Apps store with the knock offs. And the applications is what many people enjoy about the original. But, because of the Java support, there is tons of downloads to give you the same type of experience. And, almost all of these applications are free on the get jar website. There are other sites, but I find that this one has more available all in one place for most phones. You can basically just google these types of phrases and you'll see that there are tons of options.

The Most Popular Java Downloads For The i9 Phone: I would venture to say that far and away, the most popular application for the i9 is without a doubt Opera Mini. This is a free Internet browser that makes surfing the Internet faster and more user friendly. This little browser compresses all of the information so that you are not using as much data and it shrinks down the screen so that almost all websites are shown in their entirety on the flat screen. In other words, let's say you logged onto you tube You wouldn't just see the "videos being watched now" only at the top while having to scroll down to see everything else. No, Opera Mini would compress the page down so that you could see it all at once.

I would venture to say that the next popular Java download for this phone is probably the mobile office applications which allow you to edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on the phone. Next, I would say that the games and the social networking or chat applications are probably the most downloaded. If you go to the get jar site, you'll see that there are tons of things that are offered and which you chose to use really just depends upon what you are using your phone for.

Downloading Java Applications Onto The i9: This is a pretty easy process. First, you decide if you are going to use the USB cord or if you're going to just use the WAP browser on the phone. I actually prefer the USB cord because it allows me to save the file on my computer so that I have a back up. You just connect the USB to both your phone and your computer. Once you do this, a "mass storage" option will come up on the phone. Hit that option.

Then, you just click on the icon for whatever you want to download on the site that you are downloading from. You'll be asked to chose your device. Sometimes, the i9 is there and sometimes you'll need to either chose the CECT A1000 or one of the nokia phones like the 2610. Once you chose the device, you'll want to save this file to your computer. After you hit save, you'll need to identify which drive the file is being saved to. For me, this is K:/, but this may be different for you.

Usually, unless you tell it otherwise, the application that you downloaded will end up in your "received" file on the phone. So, go into "received" or whichever file you downloaded to and click that file and then click install. This is really your last major step. After this, the file will go into the Java file on the phone. Whenever you want to use the application, you'll go into Java icon on the menu / welcome screen and then go to "installed Java software." You'll see all of the applications that you downloaded there and you'll just need to click on the application and then hit "launch."

Source - http://ezinearticles.com/?The-CECT-i9-Phone-and-Java-Applications---How-to-Find-and-Download-the-Most-Popular&id=2555290
Message 9 of 104
latest reply

pareshwins
Community Member
Hi,

I have had success in using Aircel GPRS on i9 phone.

The aircel setting are :

APN - aircelgprs
IP - 000.000.000.000 or blank
Port- 8080.

I have also loaded OperaMini 4.2 on the i9 phone and surfed internet (ebay.in) on the i9 phone using aircel sim card.

I will post a couple of photos of the phone loaded with Opera Mini tomorrow.

Paresh
Message 10 of 104
latest reply