cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate product received & ebay has rejected claim

chetan9379
Community Member

On 29th March 2016 I purchased WD 2TB hard disk. On 5th April 2016 I raised a claim saying that I had not received the disk as the consignment number was not reflecting on courier website but on 6th I received the product & upon opening the package I found that the product was damaged & duplicate so I called up ebay customer support on same day informing that I received the product but it is fake/duplicate & damaged so I was told that the claim will remain same & I will get a call back from claim department. After continuously following up with your customer service I got a call back on 12th April 2016 asking me to send the snapshots of the product so I send them on 13th April 2016 & thereafter I got no call from your side even after continuous follow-up from my side & yesterday on 1st may 2016 I got a mail saying that my claim is failing under non-eligibility criteria & since my product is under manufacture warranty I should take it to them but on day1 itself I have pointed out that it was a duplicate product as I was not able to register it on manufacturer website. Also no specific reason has been mentioned for rejecting my claim it is only said failing under non-eligibility criteria, in fact I have provided all necessary details to your customer support time after time. I have attached few snapshots of mail send by me & response received from your side, also snapshot of serial number of product & error received while registering the product on WD website.

Also if you check the feedback of other buyers for same item everyone has mentioned that they have received a damaged or nonworking duplicate product, also the sellers mobile no was not reachable since 1st april 2016 & he is no longer registered on ebay.

I request you people to process my refund within 10 days of receiving this letter, failure to do so from your side will force me to take legal action against Ebay by approaching consumer court.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0