Duped by this seller value_for_moneyy

udhampur
Community Member
Hi All,

I want to bring to the notice of all this seller who has made me scared in using ebay anymore. (You can look at the purchases that i have made so far and the feedback that i have received, to authenticate me). Value_for_moneyy poised as "Smit Shah" from Ahmedabad and told me that since this is his first sale he cannot utilize paisapay as it will cost him - so transfer 16K to his account. Which i did (sorry..but i believe in the principles that guide human nature). After the transfer Smit messaged me that he has couriered the cell phone (E75) and that i will receive it in a day or two. it's been more than a week - i haven't received the product and the seller refuses to pick up the phone. I am very devastated as this was a gift for my brother. I am raising this for three reasons. 1/ Please be aware of such sellers. 2/ Ebay should notice this and do something about it, he can get another ID and proceed in the same manner (there is no dearth of fools like me) 3./ If anyone can guide me on how should i proceed with this situation that will be of great help.
Thanks,
udhampur
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

spl_ind
Community Member
File an FIR with your local PS.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

mobilesstores
Community Member
Sir,

Sorry to hear your condition.

Pls provide any proof of deposit to ebay and they should be able to cover you for rs 10000 if i am not wrong.

Also file a police complain in your local police station against the person and provide details to ebay if they ask.

Hopefully this should help. Always buy from reputed sellers having good feedback.

Thanks,
Mobilesstores
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

fun.mouse
Community Member
Ebay insures Rs. 10,000. Plus you can also get the address from the reciver's bank .
Dont loose heart . Maybe you can get your money back .. Or at least some of them ..Ask the ebay guys .
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
File a case in your local police station.get an FIR copy.Using it you can get the address and details of the seller from the bank and mail him you are gonna take legal action.Hope this would help.And please do not forget to post the outcome in this forum.It will be a lesson to buyers as well as to fraud sellers.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

udhampur
Community Member
Thanks everyone for your support. I will file an FIR and will keep everyone posted on this. This incidence will make me think twice of any online purchase that i do hence forth.
Really appreciate everyone for writing.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Here is his photograph from his feedback profile:

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

************************************* Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

krishnaindia
Community Member
Sorry, but I must say that buyers do not use their common sense.

There are some ground rules every ebay buyer should adhere to. But sadly, eBay will never profess because there is a clear conflict in their business model in their doing so.

1. Don't spend more than a 'dispensable' amount with a new seller. It shouldn't pinch if you happen lose it.

2. Pay by Paisapay, more so if it is a new seller. It is not a mere payment gateway but an escrow service. You confirm it is all fine after you recieve it and only then money reaches the buyer. Any pretext of avoiding that from the new sellers should warn you of a deal about to go sour.

3. There is a feedback system, that is what should tell you how other buyers 'feel'. Yes, I know, then sellers with zero feedback will never sell.. blah blah. But all sellers start their first few sales well under 'buyer-friendly-dipensable' cost.

4. Head to toolhaus.com and do a negative/neutral check on the seller to smell out any past wrong doings.

5. All letters of communication should be carried through 'my messages' of eBay not from your personal email. This will help in nailing the guy.

6. New fraud sellers actually will go with 'in-demand' stuff like latest mobile , laptops etc which he thinks will fly off the shelves(listings)in no time. And if the new seller is particularly offering huge discounts - be very very careful and hold tight of your money.

7. Don't be greedy or get emotionally attached with any item ! It is true that buying online there are some genuine hot deals out there but remember, there are indeed some sharks lurking around. It is your hard earned money so spend it judiciously.

8.Not related but true for smooth transactions with good sellers, leave a sensible feedback for all your purchases which will help other buyers to make up their mind. It is all social, my friend.

I feel sorry that this deal went wrong. But next time I am sure you will master the art of buying off ebay.

Post a copy of that photograph with a brief written complaint with some proofs to some very senior police officer(s), preferably IPS, in that area where the seller belongs . Find a name from internet skimming though goverment pages. Address the officer by name in the letter like Dear Mr Singh/Dash/.. and in simple words ask for his help. And see how the magic works. A hawildar or an SI will be assigned for investigation and since the job was handed down from big Saheb, you will be pleasantly mistaken as Bada Saheb's relative or friend. It works every time .
Message 8 of 8
latest reply