CyberBullying by EBay Sellers.

president_of_india
Community Member
:-(I think that most of the buyers here are victims of Cyber Bullying by sellers.We are fed up and want a better system to evaluate each other.

Recently i was personally abused by an ebay seller over the mobile phone simply because i rated her negative since i hadnt recieved the item for 31 days.My health is not in a good condition today and i am vomitting and crying since morning.Besides i am feeling very bad too.

Recently i came up against an article on cyberbullying.

Cyberbullying or online bullying is the term used to refer to bullying and harassment by use of electronic devices though means of e-mail, instant messaging, text messages, blogs, mobile phones, pagers, and websites. Other terms for cyberbullying are "electronic bullying," "electronic harassment," "e-bullying," "sms bullying," "mobile bullying," "online bullying," "digital bullying," or "Internet bullying".

It can constitute a computer crime. For example, in the United States it is a federal crime to anonymously "annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person" via the internet or telecommunication system, punishable by a fine and/or up to two years imprisonment.

Cyberbullying is willful and involves recurring or repeated harm inflicted through the medium of electronic text. According to R.B. Standler bullying intends to cause emotional distress and has no legitimate purpose to the choice of communications. Cyberbullying can be as simple as continuing to send e-mail to someone who has said they want no further contact with the sender. Cyberbullying may also include threats, sexual remarks, pejorative labels (i.e., hate speech)

In the U.S, there is a law against CyberBullying which says:

Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

I am sick and tired of Ebay India. EBAY INDIA SUCKS
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0