Custom or Import Duty from abroad to India

hozy79
Community Member
Hi,

Can anyone please help with the details of custom or import duty from abroad. any website from where we can get all details? i am from gujarat and i want buy a mobile phone costing 40,000 from US or UK.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Custom or Import Duty from abroad to India

spha1354
Community Member
Hi,
I did purchase online from ebay on 24th April 2013. Its received me on 22nd May 2013.

I have charged Rs. 10,575/- in cash without receipt as a custom duty for that. Its a very big amount for me.

The actual MRP of macbook Rs.20,500/- & i am paying more than half of the purchase item. Its old & used electronics item.

Can anyone help me on that?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

kavlerindia
Community Member
It can be upto 30 %, As a Last circular by custom office the exemption value was full on mobile phones upto 31-3-2013, hope so it won't more then 30% now.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

To calculate any duty amount for personal imports into India, fo to the website www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Fill up all the details needed there and you will be given the exact amount you maybe charged if the customs officer decides to charge your items. The duty amount shown on that website has a margin of + or - 10% error. I am saying this with lots of personal experience with all my purchases.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cst2012-13/chap-85.pdf

go to this link. it's offcial website of indian custom department. According to it 7.5% duty on imported mobile. I don't know how to pay. This is article updated up to 2013. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply