cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT FOR E-BAY & ITS SELLER

About30% seller in e-ay are fraud.

E-Bay shifts its responsibility by taking the plea ofPrivacy policy,Terms &Conditions of membership,User Agreement etc.Wheather E-Bay canbe booked under Consumer Protection Act[CPA]As it profits from by way of fees/commission from the seller?

Any defficiency of service or quality & quantity of the commodity comes under perview ofCPA.

PLEASE COMMENT.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hey Ram! ๐Ÿ˜„

I can understand your frustration and disappointment on having many of your eBay purchases not going smoothly. But I wish you'll comprehend that by accepting its User Agreement, Policies and T-n-C, you limit yourself from holding eBay responsible for not receiving goods to your satisfaction. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

The CPA does not hold a broker responsible for deficiency of service rendered in exchange of fees from the merchant, and not the consumer. Since you've already agreed to accept such a risk when you registered yourself with eBay, it will be fatal for your case even if your proceed with a trial. ๐Ÿ˜ž

So before making a buying decision next time, explore all possibilities, nooks & cranks from the seller, before you actually pay!

Have a nice e-Day!
;-)
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

The middle man/Broker/E-Bay will not be resposible for deficiency in service-Will you pl. quote the verdicts by state/national Consumer redressal forums.Are they not liable for criminal proceedings for not honouring the Paisa Pay transaction?
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi ramd2004_in1,

I have a small cent to contribute to this discussion.

I am sorry that you feel that eBay does not take enough care of its buyers. Please allow me to assure you that eBay has a buyer protection program in place which safegaurds buyers agasint almost any issue in a transaction.

If ever you are dissatisfied by your eBay transaction, you have the option to get your money back under the buyer protection program. If you have paid via PaisaPay, you are covered up to 50,000 and upto Rs 10,000 by any other means of payment. We have recently started systems by which whenever a buyer files a dispute, a phone call goes to him to explain the dispute and buyer proteciton process. Further regular communciaiton is maintained with the buyer to ensure that he does not miss out on any important timelines to avail buyer proteciton. You can find more details on the buyer protection process here - http://pages.ebay.in/securitycentre/buyer-protection.html

I hope the above information will help take care of the sour experience you had. In case you need more information, feel free to write to me personally or to our customer support team.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

DEAR SAPNAJEE,
Pl Clarify-

*You people are not giving the address of seller to serve legal notice on the ground of privaccy.why?
* Paid for an item for Rs.105.00 by PPay but seller deregistered, filed claim but my refund was Rs.1.00 after deducting expenses &processing fees.Hence I declined & my money was gone ,I got only mental tension,seller escaped legal procedure due to your faulty policy & finally e-bay was not atall at loss rather a profit of Rs.105.00

Pl. change your POLICY Sincerely try to help buyers.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Dear Ram,

The seller you are mentioning has been suspended by eBay.
He did not deregister himself, rather he was removed by eBay due to faults in his service to prevent him from causing further damage to the eBay Community. X-(

So in a way, eBay cares! ๐Ÿ˜‰
But since you didn't get a money back, it would be helpful if you can post all emails sent by eBay to you concerning the refund. This will let us know exactly what the case was. ๐Ÿ˜„

Looking forward to your response,
digital_das
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The reply by E-Bay/Sapnajee is as usual steriotype .Pl. explain specifically to my querry posted on 10-06-2007.Wheather E-Bay is liable under CPA or Criminal proceedings if there is deficiency in service and material?
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Well, well you sure are taking this to heart! Calm down! Such things do happen. You bought an item from a roadside stall and it was faulty or no-good. When you came back to return it, the person was gone! It is neither your fault nor Ebay's. And if you keep thinking about taking legal action it will just add to the frustration.
It was bad what happened, but sincerely you can't put the blame on Ebay provided what they can offer under the agreement which all members accept before registering and is therefore binding on all. Also, you have to take all things into account before you decide who the guilty party is.

Take Care
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Dear bestofkashmir ,
Thanks for the consolation.You have presened your opinion from a seller point of view, pl. tell me what will you do from a buyer point of view?
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Hello again,
The issue has come to the fore only because a suspended seller did not bother to complete the SALE. To make you understand more I shall use an example (No offence):
I live in KASHMIR so you know we have to interact with an Army jawan almost everyday. Whenever there is a report of any abuse of civilians by the Army personnel, the Army comes to clarify that the actions of one or few persons can't be reflecting the whole institution (Army). In the same way you have to understand that the Seller who is morally very weak and decided to cheat on you can't be reflecting the values of Ebay community and its Sellers.

Hope you understand.

Best Wishes
Message 10 of 12
latest reply