Buying at ebay is a nightmare

apratimg
Community Member
I had ben a member of Baazee, and had been buying the items from the portal regularly. Now it is ebay. I had completed a transaction for item 5196092630. it is almost 6 weeks, and i have not recieved the product, dispite several reminders to the sellers. there is no effective way to lodge the complaint at the portal. and they dont respond to the complaint. I have lost my money in the process and the ebay is totally unresponsive. it is the worst kind of experience. and the portal is full of cheaters it seems.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi apratimg,

We are disappointed to hear your unpleasant experience on eBay.in. Kindly report your problem to the Dispute Consol (Help On Dispute Console) for eBay to take appropriate action

I also suggest you go through Item not received Process

I hope eBay process will enable you to settle the dispute to your satisfaction

Regards,
Sapana
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

isangita
Community Member
It has been a nightmarish experience so far - have paid cash for 2 items to igems for 2 pairs of diamond earrings about 19 days back and i am still chasing them -they do not respond to either phone calls or emails. In case they reply, they change their names upon recognising my voice. One day they went to the extent of saying that I can take whatever action I want to whether go to the police!!!Another instance was when they told me that a guy had already been sent with the delivery and this guy never turned up and this was 5 days back - the delivery guy (for which they charge so heftily) apparently has not found my address.
This whole system is a big sham and i think ebay is partner in arms with these frauds.
I know the standard reply i am going to get from ebay that we are looking into it and that i should report this in the dispute console (which i already have).

I WILL ADVISE ALL WHO ARE BUYING THAT DON'T. ONE WILL ONLY LOSE THEIR MONEY AND PEACE OF MIND

Please do not trust this mode of buying.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

booker.in
Community Member
Hi,

I'm a seller and I think I must defend honest sellers from such generalisations.

I checked the listing you mentioned (#5196092630). The seller has kept his feedback comments 'private' and has got about 88% positive feedback.

That buying online isn't as safe as buying offline is an accepted fact. Whatever you do online - from dating to banking - is risky if you aren't cautious enough. A cautious buyer would immmediately see that the seller you bought from has 12% feedback that's not positive, seeing it from a negative point of view.

E-shopping is a multibillion dollar industry. And there are thousands of sellers on eBay alone who're doing great business. And there are thousands of buyers who make thousands of purchases on eBay without being cheated because they know which seller to choose.

Therefore, instead of labeling all sellers on eBay as cheaters, you could urge eBay to get a refund and take action against the seller. If you decide to avoid buying online you lose the convenience of buying online! So get eBay to get your money back and keep buying from the good guys 🙂
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

isangita
Community Member
Thanks for your advice. I agree that it is wrong to generalise but then if your very first experience turns sour... Anyway as far as the positive feedback of the said seller goes then i can say one thing that you can have anything written about yourself and i for one do not get impressed with such figures(it is possible to create any no. of mail ids and keep patting yourself on the back by posting excellent feedback). I in the first place never checked the seller's credentials because I thoughgt that ebay is a reputed portal and they must be screening out such guys - inspite of having registered an item not received with the dispute console on monday i have yet to hear from either ebay or igems.
Is it possible to get my money back????
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

vinodvijapur
Community Member
Cool do the same n c..if any thin works out..bfore carryin out the discusssion further....cheers! sapna
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
@isangita pelase give item numbers for the products you had purchased.

Regards !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
tHE ITEM ID 5196092630 IS A Rs 120/- book.

The seller is no more registered.

3. THe seller is an old Baazee user.

some of the reasons for which the seller has stopped all shipments could be Payments stuck in Paisa Pay due to account suspension. or May be frustration due to the inability to adapt to ebay policies.

Still the product price being Rs120 and selelr being suspended i will not blame Ebay !!

Still had the amout been bigger ebay would have surely given a claim under buyer protection !! !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
I TOO FACED THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I DID NOT RECEIVE A MOBILE PHONE WHICH I BROUGHT FROM SELLER FROM DELHI.
BUT THEN I OPENED A DISPUTE WITH THAT SELLER AND AFTER 2 MONTHS RECEIVED THE WHOLE AMOUNT REFUND FROM BAAZEE.

IT JUST REQUIRED REGULAR FOLLOW UP WITH THE BAAZEE DIPUTE TEAM,I KNOW I HAD TO FILL THE BUYER PROTECTION FORM AND SUBMIT ALL THE PAYMENT PROOFS,AND WHEN THEY WERE VERIFIED I WAS REFUNDED MY WHOLE MONEY BACK.

REGARDS,
ATUL
Message 9 of 9
latest reply