Buyer Looting People Now!

akshayw12
Community Member
Okay i brought a mobile from a seller for 12400 and now when i get the box i see the mrp is 12300 ! Can anyone justify this to me ,Is this not crime or what !Profit margin and looting people are 2 different things i believe.

The seller in my case is skysterinfotech with 1500+ feedback !
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

linusstudios
Community Member
All Buyers,

Please research any item before you purchase. If someone is selling you an item for over MRP it's nothing but your ignorance. And ignorance is no excuse.

In future before clicking that buy it now tab, Pause for a minute. Press Ctrl+N . type- google , press ctrl+Enter . and type the product name + price and press enter again. You will get all the details about that product. Once you are satisfied that its a real deal only than go back and click that buy now button.

This thing is specially correct and happens more often in Tech category because prices are very volatile and drop occasionally. But eBay sellers do maintain ( :-;) an inventory of those items.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

anandxyz
Community Member
Well its time, you realised that you are being cheated and it is a crime for a packaged commodity to be sold over its MRP (Maximum Retail Price)

Under the Standards of Weights and Measures (enforcement) rules, 1985 charging above the MRP is a criminal offense. It’s a common practice for airports, multiplexes and local stores to sell products above their MRP. And due to the incognizance of their rights, the consumer falls prey to the greed of the shopkeepers. But, as these offenses are coming into light, the customers can easily approach the Court for compensation. For all those who think this is a waste of time let me cite a case which took place in New Delhi in July, 2006 where the customer was asked to pay Rs. 8 for a Coke bottle priced at Rs. 7. When told about the crime the local stall was performing, the shopkeeper misbehaved with the customer and shooed him away. The Customer lodged a complaint with the Delhi Consumer Court. The proprietor of the shop was asked to pay Rs, 5000 on account of overcharging, deficiency in service and for causing mental agony to the complainant. Besides he was also asked to pay the Court, the litigation fee of Rs. 500.The State legal metrology department has started a new helpline for consumer complaints in Maharashtra having the following numbers.

022- 22023354, 022-22045706
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

anandxyz
Community Member
same is applicable to shopping sites selling in India report the matter to ebay , if they don't take action file case a in consumer court do u know Govt get Tax at mrp? contact your local consumer helpline be good citizen teach this seller a lesson .
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Completely agree with linusstudios here.

Also There might be a chance that 100 buck can be shipping charges. But If Item was listed with the said price of 12.4K and shipping extra then that's definitely not a good thing.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

akshayw12
Community Member
i know the dealer price is 10900 here but with ebay offer of 250gb it does come around 12400 so i had no problem >but charging above mrp is seriously not right .Well maybe it was my ignorance to buy at the lowest price in ebay which is still above mrp!
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

akshayw12
Community Member
lol he changed his listing now to 12300 atleast he wont loot more people.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

antony.philip
Community Member
Hi All Ebay has cheated me too..
Ebay has cheated after raising a claim in Ebay guarantee about the item purchased. they have closed my claim with the reason saying” buyer has closed the claim" which i never did ..absolute cheating..
I made DVD writer purchase and I received a dubba DVD player that does not operate.
I raised claim in ebay guarantee.. it never looked in to the issue even after 40 days after 40 days ebay has called me and asked me to avail warranty on the item i receive.. but i wanted a replacement or money back as guaranteed by the site..
But i wondered to see that the claim has been closed by the Ebay and never treated my claim in the way which they actually guarantee..
i LOST MY RUPEES 2340/- BY THIS MY TRANSACTION iD IS 19719..SELLER iD IS "dream-gadgets"
i do not see any other platform to express my hard feeling ..so i think this may help me to propagate my story. please help me to propagate my story so that no one else will not be cheated ever by this cheating site.

Now am going to send email this story toi my frieds

Thanks
Antony
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

altiusart
Community Member
I second linusstudios. Good response, linus..keep it up 🙂
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

10eyedoc10
Community Member
i bought an item costing rs.25150 on 8th october 2010 . i have not received the item till now.. i have lodged a refund claim but there is no action so far ...what should i do ... have talked to the claim adjudicator but no action has been taken... seller is in delhi and he has not shipped to rajasthan 200 kms from delhi
Message 10 of 10
latest reply