Beware - laptop seller cheating

aditya_chennai
Community Member
A person has been selling laptop with different ids, initially he offered to sell Refurbished laptops of leading brands under the seller name as laptop junction, I contacted him through email for detailed config, then I finalised to buy Sony VAIO and transfered an advance amount of Rs. 8000/- but later I came to know his listing was removed and he also changed his phone no. and email ids. He came into ebay as a laptop seller agin in the name of Techno house. Now he is under a new id. basically the seller is from Punjab(chandigarh, batinda, Ludhiana), so please be aware. Do not encourage or get trapped with such sellers. I dont want any other member to get cheated like me that is why I am warning.

Thanks
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

cdskingda
Community Member
hello aditya,
have you got the 8000 rs. back? did u try to get the money? what did u do? i have also been cheated by the same person but with the id lalit_ldh he told me that he would offer sony vaio but 1 month gone away. no laptop has come!
With frustration i am askin you sir. plz reply me!
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

cdskingda
Community Member
he is presently with the id jorden_technologies after cheating me! how to retrieve the money? i also tranfered the amount to his ICICI a/c!
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

tariquesid
Community Member
Dear cdskingda , pleae refer to my ealrier posting. i have consulted consumer lawyers, and if it is proved that ebay is doing nothing to stop frauds, we can have a strong case against them in consumer court. As per your posting, the seller is regularly changing id's and cheating people. Now, ebay should surely know about it,,,,, but must have ignored the fraud, due to their monetary benefit. I mean, they can easily catch from the ip address. Do one thing, mail me complete details at tariquesid@rediffmail.com, what i would like to know in detail, is what id he was using earlier, and what id is he using now, and since when... mail me complete details of your case, and i shall advise you how to file case against ebay in consumer court. By the way, louis vetton of france has filed a case against ebay claiming millions of euros in damages, for allowing fake products being sold on ebay. even tiffany has filed a case against ebay in USA.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

tariquesid
Community Member
hi friend.
i got ur mail in my email id. but u have not specified ur city.
the best way out is, to approach consumer forum against ebay. When u file the case, mail me. and i shall send u the CD which i have made of the frauds of ebay, which prove that frauds like the one u faced, happen only because ebay does not have sufficient systems and procedures to deter frauds.
I have talked to various lawyers who are involved in consumer movement, and they say that if u file a case in consumer forum, the customer has a very good chance of recovery of money from ebay. Ebay says that they are just "a forum" and " like a newspaper classified ad service" so they are not responsible. but as ebay gets commission, based on value of sale, we have full right to claim money from ebay.
And filing case in consumer court is very easy. its not a "COURT" in the real sense of the word, so dont worry that u shall have to be involvd in police case or something. I cannot give details in this forum, as ebay shall take this as an excuse to delete my post. u mail me from your external id to my rediffmail id, and i shall tell u details, on how to file case against ebay, and shall also give u mail id and phone nos of various lawyers with whom i have interacted.
hoping to hear from you soon....
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

prasanthmj_in1
Community Member
I also got cheated by the same person! I won the bid for the laptop and send him the payment. He Didn't send the item. His ID now is jorden_technologies.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

vibhash.jha
Community Member
Hi,
I have already been cheated on Ebay. I made a payment from ICICI a/c for a MP3 player on Ocober 7th but I haven't recieved the item. The seller's is is SunitHouse and now he is no more a registered seller. I have already send the documents for proof of payment to Ebay INDIA office by fax but I m still awaiting any response form them . I think i am completely duped. We should join hand to kick ebay out of buisness. They are bloody bunch of scoundrels just making money in the buisness by cheating innocent customers. Most patehtically, they don;'t have any phone no even from wher u can get some status.. I am in the mood of moving to consumer Court against ebay. Is there anyone having the same experience. I want my money back(3000 bucks) at any cost. I am ready to spend 10000 bucks in court. But i want to teach this soabs a lesson!!! I will advice all people to stay away from doing any money transaction on Ebay. It's a fraud website.....for only cheating people...
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

sufroze
Community Member
I've been cheated by a camera seller in Mumbai, named "mahavir computers". After camera developed a problem & sent back as it was in dealer warranty period, he has not returned it yet..its been more than a month now. beware of this seller.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

griffinax
Community Member
This is a shame, they should allow transactions via paypal for the extra security purposes.. with paypal you can chargeback easily and its taken seriously.. these people dont even respond.. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I always advice people not to buy anything from ebay, but I somehow couldnt resist but buy something, hoping it would all go well.. but once again... dissapointed.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

deepu2185
Community Member
never pay advances or make bank transfers!!!!
thats why paypal and pisapay cam into action. u have a complete security for your money. Ebay india is a buyer's paradise where customer is treated like king!!
how ever floow rules that no bank transfers and ask for tracking number always!!!!
i am a ebay seller and never cheated any customer, its a fair place to trade when u follow the rules!
Message 10 of 14
latest reply