cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware! Counterfeit battery, claim denied. Ebay is a cheater.

I bought a LG Nexus 4 battery from the seller ***. Before ordering the battery I asked seller if the battery is genuine, and he replied positively.

When I installed the received the battery it was fake and was not working in my phone. The seller tried to convince me that my phone has hardware issues but when I  told  him that my old battery is still working only its talktime has been reduced, he agreed to accept return.

Ebay called me regarding the claim telling me that I need to ship the battery back to the seller and my shipping charges will be refunded by an ebay coupon. I protested it and the executive agreed to refund the shipping via DD. But, the mail I received noted that the shipping charges refund will be via ebay coupon. I again contacted them and then I received an email that the shipping charges will be refuned via DD. As I was out of town at that time, I could not ship the battery same day. I shipped the battery back to seller on very next day and when I tried to upload the proof of shipment I found they just closed the claim. 

I contacted ebay again and told them the whole issue, after much time the executive agreed to escalate the case and assured me that I will be contacted withing 24-48 hours. But nobody contacted me. Then I contacted them again and executive assured me that they will contact me again in 24 hours. 

They fail to understand that I got the confirmation mail that they will refund the shipping charges was sent on Aug. 20th, not 17th.

Secondly in no email any cutoff date for sending the item was mentioned. I told their executive on phone on 24th Aug that I will ship it next day when I return to town. I sent the items via Bluedart AWB No. 14590204672 on 25th at 18:06 pm. I received ebay's mail regarding closing of the claim on 25th at 18:37pm.

I lost money not only buying a counterfeit product but also in shipping via Bluedart which cost me Rs. 460!!!

Ebay is making fools of their customers and I will never buy anything from ebay again.

I am preparing a legal notice and will fight them in court. Selling counterfeit product is a crime.

Be aware guys, never trust ebay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@asit.jain wrote:

I bought a LG Nexus 4 battery from the seller ***. Before ordering the battery I asked seller if the battery is genuine, and he replied positively.

When I installed the received the battery it was fake and was not working in my phone. The seller tried to convince me that my phone has hardware issues but when I  told  him that my old battery is still working only its talktime has been reduced, he agreed to accept return.

Ebay called me regarding the claim telling me that I need to ship the battery back to the seller and my shipping charges will be refunded by an ebay coupon. I protested it and the executive agreed to refund the shipping via DD. But, the mail I received noted that the shipping charges refund will be via ebay coupon. I again contacted them and then I received an email that the shipping charges will be refuned via DD. As I was out of town at that time, I could not ship the battery same day. I shipped the battery back to seller on very next day and when I tried to upload the proof of shipment I found they just closed the claim. 

I contacted ebay again and told them the whole issue, after much time the executive agreed to escalate the case and assured me that I will be contacted withing 24-48 hours. But nobody contacted me. Then I contacted them again and executive assured me that they will contact me again in 24 hours. 

They fail to understand that I got the confirmation mail that they will refund the shipping charges was sent on Aug. 20th, not 17th.

Secondly in no email any cutoff date for sending the item was mentioned. I told their executive on phone on 24th Aug that I will ship it next day when I return to town. I sent the items via Bluedart AWB No. 14590204672 on 25th at 18:06 pm. I received ebay's mail regarding closing of the claim on 25th at 18:37pm.

I lost money not only buying a counterfeit product but also in shipping via Bluedart which cost me Rs. 460!!!

Ebay is making fools of their customers and I will never buy anything from ebay again.

I am preparing a legal notice and will fight them in court. Selling counterfeit product is a crime.

Be aware guys, never trust ebay.

Hi Asit,

This I heard from some of our friends that e-bay done cheating with them before. now your case is prooving it.. Thanx.. I am really disappointed to confirm this that we can not trust on e-bay anyway..

Any company take years to make their reputation but they can loose their reputation in one day.. this is what e-bay did..

Thanx.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I never found original product at ebay. I always received counterfeit products however selling or manufacturing counterfeit product is crime in India.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply