cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Using Seller Tools effectively” - 10 June (12 – 1 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Creating and managing listings, and managing the post sales process are few of the most time consuming process that a seller follows. eBay has some cool tools which makes management of the whole process more efficient and easier. To learn more about using the seller tools effectively do attend this workshop.

Date: Friday 10th June
Time: 12.00 to 1.00 PM (IST)

You can submit your question now by clicking on Post reply button and the Workshop Host will try to answer the same during the workshop.

Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

blrcomputers
Community Member
Hi,
We have registered our self as blrcomputers on ebay. But Iam not able to list any items for selling! What could be the reason?
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

jyotart
Community Member
Hello,
We've registered as Jyotart. I would like to know how the listing and selling differs for National (India) & Internatinal front.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

indu780
Community Member
what is the best way of delivering the item after item is sold as most of the courier companies are not delivering through COD and by which method we should accept the payment whether cheque or DD or some other method.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello All,
Welcome to the Online Workshop on understanding seller tools and how these seller tools can help you in your eBay business.

Today we have Rajesh and Preeti from seller marketing team to help you take through the workshop.

Rajesh and Preeti have created a list of Frequently asked question (FAQ)to help you understand the seller tools. They will be posting the FAQ's now so that you can read them now and we will start taking the questions from 12 o clock onwards.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
What is a selling tool?
Selling tools are software products that help sellers perform various tasks related to selling items. They can save you lots of time if you sell many items. eBay currently offers three selling tools: Turbo Lister, Selling Manager and the newly launched Selling Manager Pro. .

Why Tools?
- To help you manage your online business better by
-Built in reports to manage your sales better
-Built in reports to manage your inventories better
-Automated e mail templates to have efficient communication with your customers (saves time and adds a professional look)

To help you list / relist in bulk- Offline method (do listing without logging into internet connection) which saves you connection cost
- Online method – auto relist

In effect with use of tools you can become a more efficient online seller

What are the types of tools currently available?
- Turbo Lister
- Selling Manager
- Selling Manager Pro

Regards,
Preeti
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
A few details on each of the tools
Turbo Lister

What is Turbo Lister?
eBay turbo lister is a FREE selling tool designed to make listings faster. It is an offline tool that enables you to upload hundreds of listings together without being connected to the Internet. The program also saves your listings conveniently for future use.

As a seller why should I use Turbo Lister?
Turbo Lister helps you create listings in bulk to post on eBay quickly and easily. It allows you to do the following:
- Save listing details for items that you sell regularly to easily list them again later
- Duplicate items, to easily create listings for similar items
- Easily create attractive item descriptions using a WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get) HTML editor
- Schedule your listings to start at a specified time in the future

How can I get Turbo Lister?
To download Turbo Lister visit
http://pages.ebay.in/turbo_lister/download.html.

How much does it cost to use Turbo Lister?
Turbo Lister is a FREE Software.

How does Turbo Lister Work?
Listing an item through Turbo Lister is similar to using the SYI form. You have to enter the same details while you are offline.

For help on using Turbo Lister
Visit http://pages.ebay.in/turbo_lister/preview.html for a tour on how to use Turbo Lister.

Regards,
Preeti
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Selling Manager

What is Selling Manager?
Selling Manager is eBay's sales management tool. It is an online tool in My eBay that helps you manage your listings throughout the sales cycle. As a seller, eBay Selling Manager will help you manage your listings more efficiently. You will be able to track your sales status and respond to your buyers faster than ever before.
As a seller, why should I use eBay Selling Manager?
eBay Selling Manager will help you manage your listings through the sales cycle in a smart, easy, and efficient way which will save a lot of time. With selling manager you can do the following:
- Reduce the time spent on buyer mails by using customisable email templates.
- Turn My eBay into a more powerful selling tool.
- Relist sold and unsold items in bulk.
- Print professional labels and invoices.
- Store and send your favourite feedback comments without having to retype them over and over.
- Track all of your sales and bidding activities.
- Reschedule and manage your pending listings.

How do I get eBay Selling Manager?
To subscribe to eBay selling manager
- Go to My eBay
- Click on Manage subscriptions within My account section
- Click on the subscribe link along Selling Manager
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on Subscribe
The All Selling tab in your My eBay will be replaced with the Selling Manager tab.

How much does it cost to use the eBay Selling Manager tool?
eBay Selling Manager is available with a monthly subscription. As a new user, you will have a one-month free trial. After your trial month ends, you will be charged a Rs. 200 monthly subscription fee. Your monthly subscription fee will be automatically added to your eBay account and will appear on your monthly invoice.

NOTE – If you take basic store subscription (rate – Rs.200/month) the selling manager tool comes free with it. To know more about this fantastic offer click

Visit http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/sm-smpro-ov.html#selling_manager for more information.

Features of this tool:

- View all sales closed in the past 120 days
- Track and change Post –Sales status of your listings with one click
- Track shipping and payment information
- Relist Sold and Unsold Items in bulk
- Send Pre-defined email templates when the sale is over
- Track your GMV amount for your active and sold listings

How do I know when Selling Manager is activated?
When you log into you’re my eBay you will see the All Selling link replaced with the Selling Manager link once it is activated on your account.

How does selling manager help me with my post sales activity?
With Selling Manager at one glance, you get a quick update on your listings and sales. You get to see the status of your scheduled listings, which are active and which have sold along with the total GMV.

For example let’s look at the products you have sold.
Click on the Sold Link

Under the Sold Link:

1) You now can see a unique record number by which you can identify your sales.
- Click on the Record # to view the entire sales record.

What can I do within the Entire Sales Record?
Once you click on a Record Number you can take the following action.
- You can click the Buyers Email to send him customized emails from your MY EBAY account itself. All relevant order details are already pre-filled. There are templates ready for every action, which can also be edited based on your requirements. Your order details get automatically pre-filled in the email. You can add information or edit the details.
- Click on Send Email and a mail will go to the buyer directly from here.

What is the Search box for?
Selling Manager has a search Box that can help you find your listings easily. You can search items either by Item Title, Item Number, Buyers ID, Buyers Email and Unique record number.

What are archived listings?
Archived listings are records of your sales for the past 120 days.

How are the archived listings beneficial to me?
You can continue to change the sales status, print invoices, email and leave feedback for these archived listings.

How do I see Archived listings?
You can see archived items from
- My Ebay
- Selling Manager
- Archived Listings

Regards,
Preeti
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Selling Manager Pro

What is Selling Manager Pro?
eBay Selling Manager Pro is eBay's complete selling tool. It is an online tool in My eBay that helps you list items in bulk, manage your inventory, and track your listings throughout the entire sales cycle. As a seller, eBay Selling Manager Pro will help take your business to the next level. You will be able to list items, track your sales status, and respond to your buyers more efficiently and faster than ever before.

Who should use this tool?
High Volume sellers who list large number of items in a month should use this tool.

As a seller, why should I use eBay Selling Manager Pro?
eBay Selling Manager Pro will help you take your business to the next level. With eBay's Selling Manager Pro tool, you can perform all of the post-sales activities offered in Selling Manager such as email management, feedback, item tracking. In addition you can also track inventory, list items in bulk, send feedback and emails in bulk, and generate profit and loss reports.

How is eBay Selling Manager Pro different from eBay Selling Manager?
Selling Manager Pro offers everything Selling Manager does in addition to bulk email, bulk feedback and printing, inventory management, bulk listing and reporting.

If you are subscribed to Selling Manager you can easily upgrade your account to Selling Manager Pro and all of your information in Selling Manager will be transferred to Selling Manager Pro.

You cannot be subscribed to both Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro at the same time. If you are unhappy with Selling Manager Pro, you can always change your subscription back to Selling Manager and your data will be transferred back.

Can I list items on eBay with eBay Selling Manager Pro?
eBay Selling Manager Pro lets you list items in bulk. It enables smart and fast listing creation by saving your Sell Your Item templates and allowing you to launch them multiple times.

If you do not want to recreate all your items over again, you can easily import your existing pending and active items as well as your Turbo Lister items into Selling Manager Pro.

How much does it cost to use the eBay Selling Manager tool?
eBay Selling Manager Pro is available via a monthly subscription. As a new user, you will have a one-month free trial. After your trial month ends, you will be charged a Rs. 500 monthly subscription fee. Your monthly subscription fee will be automatically added to your eBay account and will appear on your monthly invoice.
NOTE – If you take featured store subscription (rate – Rs.1000/month) the selling manager pro tool comes free with it. To know more about this fantastic offer click

Visit http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/selling-manager-subscription.html for more details.

Regards,
Preeti
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear indu780,

This workshop is aimed at discussing the Seller Tools with our users, and might not be the best place for you to find answer to your payment and shipment related question.

However, you may find a relevant answer in the followinf thread:
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?forumID=100000013

Regards,
Sapana
Message 10 of 22
latest reply