Understanding Trust and Safety policies

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

At eBay our constant endeavor is to create a safer place for our users to transact and interact with each other. In this workshop we will discuss what are we doing and our plans to make the site a better and safer place for our users. We will love to get you feedback and suggestions on the help pages content and the responses you are receiving from Customer Helpdesk.

Details
Date: Friday 27th May
Time: 3.00 to 4.00 PM (IST)

See you on 27th!

Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear ppjewellers

We have already implementing most of best practices for Trust and Safety.

We welcome any specific ideas in improving the market place as this has to be a collobarative effort.

Thanks

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 21 of 32
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Trust me, you guys are not selling any thing on ebay. Try doing it someday and you will get to know who safe it is.
Message 22 of 32
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Yash, like you said that โ€œWe have already implementing most of best practices for Trust and Safety. โ€œ I would request you to reply to my queries with regard to your so called best practices for trust and safety.
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi ppjewellers,

It will be great if you could specify the safety concern you have.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear ppjewellers

Users can get verified by any one of the option to list items. Unless they get verified they would not be allowed to list and the options available are

1. Credit Card
2. SMS
3. Normal Mail

At the time of migration existing Baazee sellers didnot go through this process.

For buyers we use certain criteria for verification

Thanks

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 25 of 32
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Ebay provides a very good platform to both sellers and buyers, but if you try to be a bit practical, it could be the best. Do not try to implement the ebay USA policies in India. You already have a ger8 knowledge and experience of Indian market with baazee.
Message 26 of 32
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Use your baazee experience to make ebay better and safer and like I said if you need new ideas I have a lot ( LOL ).
Message 27 of 32
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
I have already posted my safety concerns long time back you can check them out Sapana
Message 28 of 32
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear ppjewellers,

To the extent possible we try to localize to India, How ever the challenge is to maintain certain consistencies on the policy as the register users can trade across all eBay sites.

Hence we need to align our policies to the tried and tested global policies

Regards
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 29 of 32
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Well the time is gonna end now, so I will againg request you to read my post on the security concerns and try to work upon it. It was nice talking to you guys. Have a gre8 day.
Message 30 of 32
latest reply