cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn about what sells on eBay and Sourcing them - 17 Aug (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Are you new to eBay and wanting to start your eBay business? Join in this workshop to know what products are selling on eBay, conducting your research before selling on eBay and sourcing products for selling on eBay.

Topic: New Seller, get started on eBay – Know what products to sell and source
Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 17th Aug
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

See you on 17th!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Thanks for attending today's workshop. I hope you found the tips and suggestions useful.

We will keep this thread open for future interaction. If you have any related questions, please post here. Tanya will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 21 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi sonal3468,

The sites with free listings currently are India, China and Taiwan.

However, for the purpose of export, markets like US, UK, Australia and Germany are better options. These sites often have promotions such as 10 cent listing day. You can wait for such promotions and list on these sites on these days. This will reduce your cost, while giving you some experience of international markets.

Alternatively, you can create a marketing budget for yourself, and use it to list / promote your products on internatioanl sites. This will again help you keep your costs under control, while experienceing internatioanl markets. Also, if you are selling internationally, please do a good search on completed listings (option is in Advanced search) to get a good idea of what sells in that market. This will help you list saleable products.

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 22 of 93
latest reply

gujgold
Community Member
Hi,

Thanks for the tips given on the discussion board. Unfortunately I missed the live chat opportunity. I would now follow your advice and find out more on selleing on ebay by joining free work shop.

Regards,

Anil
Message 23 of 93
latest reply

shivsai_in1
Community Member
Hi!

I have already put one of my item on ebay today successfully. When I tried some more items to put on, I couldn't manage it as these products I can see in my ebay under selling category but when I searched through ebay website in general, these products were not there. I already have paid all fees of listings to ebay but unable to see the products on ebay. Please guide me how to do?

Thanks,

Sameer ( ebay user id shivsai_in1)
Message 24 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Sameer ( shivsai_in1),

Once you list your item on eBay, it may take upto few hours for it to appear live on the site.

However, i tried searching your listings and currently they are visible when you browse the categories you have listed under and also while doing a search with your item title

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 25 of 93
latest reply

primeadorn
Community Member
These discussions are quite lively, but before it goes out of hand (lenghty), it is better to create a small preci for each item's sales tips in a FAQ like list.
Message 26 of 93
latest reply

indiankari
Community Member
Please Help ---- Are you Registered with pay pal? what type of Pay Pal account should i register? How will an Indian sellers registered with pay pal account receive his payment in India? How long will it take to receive the payment from pay pal and what mode of payment do they use? & if applicable in what currency do they release the payment and what kind of Account should I open in a local Bank? Please help I am also a new Indian seller on ebay

INDIANKARI
Message 27 of 93
latest reply

indiankari
Community Member
Please Help ---- Are you Registered with pay pal? what type of Pay Pal account should i register? How will an Indian sellers registered with pay pal account receive his payment in India? How long will it take to receive the payment from pay pal and what mode of payment do they use? & if applicable in what currency do they release the payment and what kind of Account should I open in a local Bank? Please help I am also a new Indian seller on ebay

INDIANKARI
Message 28 of 93
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear indiankari,

PayPal is currently not operational in India and hence we are not in a position to share much details on Paypal.

I would however advise you to visit www.paypal.com and read up for information you require. You can contact the Paypal Team directly for any information. Find below the link to PayPal Help

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us

Alternatively, you can also visit the eBay international community boards to seek help from users using paypal on those sites.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=97

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 29 of 93
latest reply

nakatib
Community Member
HI! TANYA,
REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME GOOD MARKETING TIPS FOR MY ITEMS AND HOW TO SOURCE THEM BETTER.I HAVE A VERY LARGE STOCK AVAILABLE IN SEMI PRECIOUS AND PRECIOUS STONES.I AM TRYING TO GET HOLD OF THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET BUT REAL WANT SOME GOOD TIPS TO DO IT BETTER. THANKS.
NAKATIB
Message 30 of 93
latest reply