Utterly unprofessional and negligent behavior by ebay India team bordering on harassment.

Hi,

I wanted to sell DVDs on ebay. But to do that one has to be a pre-approved seller. One can get this status by sending a standard ebay application on a 300 rupee stamp paper and sending it to Trust and Safety, Ebay office in Goregaon, Mumbai.According to a stated ebay rules, as well as according to an e-mail received by me from an ebay Trust & Safety official, they give permission within 36-48 hours of receiving the documents.

I did what was required and sent the same to Trust& Safety Ebay, Goregaon, Mumbai office. On June 6th. 40 days ago. 7 weeks.

I have made multiple phone calls - over 30-35 calls , multiple online chats, written multiple e-mails (15-20) to Ebay India over the last 40 days. So far, no resolution, and I am yet to get permission. Through out this period, Ebay Staff have led me on a wild goose chase.

In the first and second  week, I called every 2-3 days, sent multiple e-mails and reply would be same. I would get permission within 48 hours. Nothing happened.

Then, in the 3rd week...a person called Pranjali sent me an e-mail saying "we would love to give you permission, but you have not sent the documents. Kindly send the same".

This was shocking because I had multiple conversations with Ebay staff where I specifically asked them whether documents have been received. They all said yes. I have chat transcripts as well, with a ebay chat person Deepa D where I asked whether documents were received..she also replied in the affirmative.

So in response, I sent another e-mail, with the docket number of the courier service, Professional Courier, as well as the chat transcript where the ebay person has accepted receiving the documents.

Multiple ebay Trust & Safety officials on customer care has noted down this docket number - which proves I have indeed sent the documents and delivery to ebay office has been made.

It is docket number BLR36363972 of Professional Courier. If you track it on Professional Courier website, you will find it was submitted in Bnagalore on June 7th and received on June 10th.

After that I have had multiple conversations with ebay Trust & Safey, everytime I gave them the docket number...and they assured me every time that my case has been escalated and I will get response shortly.

Then, 14 days back, one Aatish from Trust & Safety e-mails me, asking me what is the issue I am facing and they will solve my problem as soon as I explain the issue, and asks me to send a screen shot of the problem I am facing.

Back to square one - after 1 month of calls, e-mails, chats. Anyway, I sent an e-mail 13 days ago with the screen shot of the problem I was facing......I am not able to list DVDs because one has to be a pre-approved seller on ebay to sell DVDs.

Since that e-mail, I have had multiple conversations again - but no use. Every ebay customer care person is by now very familiar with my case...they tell me action will be taken, they will revert back to me, my case has been placed on highest priority - but nothing happens.

Now, ebay people have even stopped responding to my e-mail complaints. It seems because of utter negligence on their part, they have lost the documents I have sent them, and now they dont know how to proceed further. So, they first led me on a useless time consuming wild goose chase and now are now trying to simply ignore my complaints. This is highly unprofessional behavior on their part which borders on harassment. 

I am just a part time seller, trying to make a buck. I spent 300 rupees on the stamp paper, gave the notary who had it typed 300 rupees and 50 rupees for the courier charges from Bangalore to Mumbai. Total 650 Rupees.

I cannot keep spending 650 Rupees, having documents typed again and again, only to have them lost because of acutely negligent behavior by Ebay India staff. 650 Rupees is a great deal to me. I request ebay to send me back or credit me back this money if they cannot grant me permission to list DVDs. Or if they cannot either send me back my money or give me permission to list DVDs, give me a clear reason why they cannot do so.

They tried giving false reasons like they have not received documents and so they cannot give permission - which I have proved false by sending them docket number of the courier service. Now, since they have no reason, and trying to hide their incompetence and negligence, they are simply delaying or ignoring - so that I will eventually get tired and forget the case, forget my 650 rupees and move on.

What can one say of such behavior ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question