There are a few nerd like persons who bid at and don't pay causing great hardship to genuine Sellers

Sellers face a lot of hardship due to the "locked in" item appearing in "Sold Items", but not 'checked out' and "paid for".

There are a few other nuisance makers who bid and buy a low price item only to leave unjustified "NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" hurting the image and self esteem of the genuine Seller like me.

To maintain the authenticiity and respectability of the eBay portal and to safeguard the interests of genuine Sellers, there should be some monetary imposed by eBay system on such erring/nuisance persons.

I suggest every person registering with eBay should be asked to pay a (finally refundable) deposit of Rs 1000 or more. Against this amount, the erring and nuisance causing persons can be penalised debiting 25% or more of the bid made and not executed on time for any item at eBay.

Hope my above suggestion would be considered by all concerned for early implementation, to save us from the ill acts of nuisance makers in the guise of "Buyers" at eBay!

Thank you for your attention. I would like to receive a feedback on the above.

- Dr. Murugesan

View Entire Topic
Sorry but your idea is disaster, if each new buyer is asked to pay Rs 1000 then nobody will register on eBay. While I sympathize with your situation one needs to understand that unfortunate reality of online selling is that these companies give importance to buyers and not sellers.

The best possible way forward for you would be to avoid auction and use buy now.
Ask a Question