shipping method problems

ucanwinu
Community Member
hi list
eBay's shipping preferences is driving me nuts and today i had to ship an item at a loss.
whenever i list an item i like to give users different rates for courier in delhi and outside delhi.
i add local courier for delhi customers and national regular for outstation customers. with different charges of course.
the problem is that a customer can see only the first mode of shipping. other shipping methods also available is written with the first option but a customer cant choose any other options as there is no way he can see other options. i have mentioned clearly that a customer should choose shipping methiod n charges according to the location but a customer cant choose. if he is paying by credit card only the first option gets into calculation. like if i choose local courier in first shipping method, all outstation customers get that rate in calculation only and i end up paying Rs. 175 for shipping while the customer paid Rs. 40 only.
m a very new seller on eBay and this problem discourage me from going ahead on eBay.
just today i had to ship an item for a loss of Rs. 150/-
eBay staff Pleeeeeze help. m totally put off
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

shipping method problems

e.stores
Community Member
Hello

For the past one month I am facing similar problem.
I use two different shipping charges (local and national), there is price gap in both shipping charges, in some cases local shipping is free.

Some time national buyer pays selecting local shipping charges. When we told buyers about national shipping & local shipping they simply don't agree, reason: " Whatever charges eBay checkout has showed us was paid through paisapay, now don't ask us more money." We also cannot force the customer to pay the actual amount, as on discussion board I have read about several similar cases in which buyers have given negative feedback. Now we have to suffer the losses, either customer will back out or he might give you negative feedback, so we are paying shipping charges from our pocket.

I have emailed several times about this problem to eBay customer support, but till date no proper reply or resolution.

Gaffar Latif
e.stores
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

shipping method problems

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi e.stores,

The problem mentioned in the earlier post has been resolved since the last site changes. An outstation buyer is now not able to select local shipping. It is strange that you have faced the problem over the last one month. I suggest you email the relevant item id to me at sapana@ebay.com and we will have the issue looked into.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

shipping method problems

e.stores
Community Member
Hello

The problem is still there.
Some of my outstation buyers have taken local shipping, it is happening in both buynoe & auctions. Even they were from Metro cities Like Bangalore & Hyderabad.

Cheer up
I am also paying shipping charges from my Pocket.

Gaffar Latif
e.stores
Message 4 of 4
latest reply