negative feedback for buyers should come back!

kvsuperstore
Community Member
It was greatly disturbing to see ebay change rules so that buyers can leave negative or neutral feedback for sellers but sellers cannot do the same. There are so many block head buyers out there who just waste time and give lots of tension to genuine and busy sellers yet new sellers cannot be made aware of those buyers. This is a great injustice on part of ebay. For getting negative feedback removed a seller has to run from pillar to post. Ebay must clean up this mess and either come up with a quick withing 24 hr revision of negative feedback or allow sellers too to leave negative feedback for buyers. They have to work out something. For ebay sellers are the customers not the buyers.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

c153niyam
Community Member
dear ecell_kolkata
Negative statements within Feedback left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating are grouds for removal of feedback as well as policy violation against the seller. You can check it out..
however if buyer doesn't pay then i'm not really sure if ebay will be bothered.
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

i observed that if seller gets a negative feedback for what ever be the reason
surely there is no other way to get rid of it.
except making a lamenting request for its revision from buyer.
then it will be the mercy of buyer if he pleases.
the buyer is the king. the seller are scapegoats for all around him.
mostly seller loses his sold item along with the refund.
80% of seller quit selling in their starting selling period just because of negative feedback given to him by buyer
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

memory24x7
Community Member
Hi all 🙂
- : Mostly buyers leaving negative feedback are having 0-2 feedback score for themselves.

- : There should be a option to leave at Least the Neutral
feedback for buyers.

Ebay Just Look into this matter once again . . . .

JMD Stores_logo
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Yes, negative feedback for buyers should definitely come back.

many buyers make incorrect use of their power to leave negative feedback. they are not worried at all while misusing their power as they know that they will not get a negative from the seller.

Ebay should give this power to sellers also as it was some time back.
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

The negative feedback for the buyers should never come back because the responsibility of the buyer is over once they make the payment and thereafter they have all the rights to demand the item exactly as mentioned in the item description page in the quality, quantity and condition as advertised.

The sellers used to misuse the facility of negative feedback to take revenge upon the buyers when they left negative feedback for the sellers due to any valid reason.
Due to this, the buyers avoided eBay and started purchasing more from eBay's competitors creating a decline in eBay's business. The sellers' business was lost and eBay's business was also reduced. Hence, eBay prudently decided to remove the feature of negative feedback to the buyers. This was a wise business decision.

Remember, we are able to sell because we have buyers. Without a buyer, there cannot be a seller. eBay is not a battlefield between buyers and sellers. It is a market and in any market, the customer is the king.

Instead of fighting with your buyers, try and introspect what you can improve in your service to be able to achieve customer delight. Once you are able to achieve this, you won't have to run from pillar to post removing negative feedback but business will come to you in the amount that you would require staff to handle your eBay account. Come out of small thinking about taking revenge on buyers. Be a businessman. Be a sport. Play the game with all fairness and leave the rest to God.

Regards,
Mustufa
Striving for distinction in customer service...
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

anandxyz
Community Member
i agree with real.phoenix The negative feedback for the buyers should never come back , i know many sellers with 100% positive feedback, only those sellers who cant provide good service to there buyers want negative feedback to come back , give good service to buyers you will never get negative feedback.
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@real.phoenix...

Just remember one small fact in life Mr. Mustafa which you have conveniently chosen to forget, selective amnesia is what I call it, that you need two hands to CLAP.
CIC hosting
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Raj Electroniks,

Thank you for being polite with me this time. I really appreciate that you didn't use any sarcastic remark for me this time.

Mr Raj Electroniks, before 1st November 2008, when the negative feedback was allowed, sellers who received a negative feedback from buyers use the negative feedback facility as a kind of revenge instrument.

When a seller received a negative because of bad service, instead of making it right with the buyer, they used to leave a negative in return. Due to this, the buyers felt that they are not at all protected on eBay. On one hand their money is gone and on the other hand they have received an insulting remark from the seller. There was a huge unrest amongst the buyers due to the negative feedback and therefore slowly and silently it showed up in the balance sheet of eBay.

The buying trend on ebay.com and ebay.co.uk was adversely affected. Buyers went to other sites where they felt safe and eventually the seller lost their business and eBay's profitability and market share decreased. eBay management didn't realise this instantly.

They (eBay managers) approached certain very leading marketing consultants all over the world and found that the main cause of the buyers to go away from eBay was the negative feedback from the sellers compounded with high shipping charges from the sellers. Through a lot of market research, after spending millions of dollars, eBay released that he buyers felt as if eBay was not listening to them so they switched over to other online sites - and the main cause of buyers to think so was - Negative feedback from sellers and high shipping charges.

In India, online buying is still a matter or adventure, thrill or experiment for most of the people but in west, where I sell my products, e-commerce is extremely advanced. People buy toothpaste, shaving cream and even breakfast cereals over the internet. eBay cannot afford to loose its market-share so eBay corrected its policies and removed the negative feedback facility from the sellers.

So how were the sellers taken care of?
eBay made stricter laws for the Unpaid Item Strikes. Strict buyer requirements were set-up to avoid the non-paying buyers.

Mr Raj Electronics, India is a very very nascent market when it comes to Internet sales. In eBay.in, a seller with 10,000 feedback is difficult to find whereas in USA and UK, there are thousands of sellers with a feedback of more than 10,000.00 There are hundreds of sellers whose feedback exceeds 2 lacs on ebay.com and ebay.co.uk Do you imagine what volume is that? Could eBay loose such volume of business for this petty thing?

If you were the top boss of eBay, would you ever think of such foolish proposal of introducing negative feedback to buyers and jeopardise your entire business?

Please take some time of your valuable time and check the electronics retailers on ebay.com and ebay.co.uk and you will also start agreeing with everything that I mention.

I don't write on community forums just to tease you people. I write so that you can really see how large the online market is. If sellers make ebay India buyer friendly, then they too can earn above 1 lac per month on ebay. Its not a great figure, believe me.

Good luck to you and thank you once again for reading this. I hope you found it interesting and worth giving a thought.

Kind Regards,
Mustufa

eBay won't bring this back because it is in favor of increasing its own business by growing sellers businesses. This can be done only when the buyers are extremely comfortable.
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@real.phoenix...

Whatever brownie points you have tried to score in your big lecture here is know to all, whatever you have said again reiterates what I have said in my last post that "you need two hands to clap". Rest everything else in the long sermon is just GK and common sense, nothing much, most of it is MBA 1st Year stuff.

The fact remains that whatever ebay's policies have been or are in US and EU, non of them can be applied just as it is here in India, the demographics here is totally different and time and again history has shown that whosoever tried to apply the west policies here in India have fallen flat on their face. So just by aping west will not do and I am sure ebay also must have done their homework in this matter.
CIC hosting
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Ebay will introduce buyer rating invisible to buyers.
That will help in buyer management. Let us have patience.
Buyers are very important. Also ebay cares for sellers.
Message 20 of 31
latest reply