cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does no buyer verification. Too may fraud buyers & unpaid items

lifenstyle_in1
Community Member
I have found that since eBay took over Baazee, they have stopped doing any verification of buyers. This leads to frauds and non-serious buyers and results in unpaid item disputes. Every time this happens, its a waste of the seller's time and money. This suits eBay because they only give a credit on the Final Value Fee, but retain the listing fees. So by promoting fraud and non-serious buyers on the site, eBay actually profits.

Why can't eBay verify buyers in the same manner in which they verify sellers??
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

sastaitshop
Community Member
Dear salwaa45 ,

You must have now noticed that the Nigerians are at bay .. and off eBay.in now ... they ahev initiated some new technique of blocking them ..

Regards :) Sunny 🙂

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 21 of 32
latest reply

minu75_jpr
Community Member
I think we shd start a thread where all sellers can post the name of fake bidders and if we hav a bidder with tht id we can check or block i guess it may sound kiddish but if we work and safeguard each other interest all can benefit
My list of fake bidder or people who bid but doesnt pay is as follows
ranidnyanesh,anshumann_oberoi, balwinder16dc, soumyaa123, vin_sus_rashu, rschalam, pinkanil87, tomer2212, daman.p

Kindly send me a link if something like this starts
Message 22 of 32
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
I 100% AGREE TO WHAT lifenstyle_in1 HAS TO SAY,
I TOO FELL THE SAME.
EBAY SHOULD MAKE A STRICT POLICY TO KEEP A CHECK ON FRAUD BUYERS.

REGARDS,
ATUL.
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
Hey Sunny/Ankur baba,

So you are back to sucking up eBay.in once again on the boards.

Do you know they have permanently deleted your profile from the member spotlight?

Anyway for your information, Nigerians are still alive and kicking on the site. However as a seller I consider them as nothing more than nusiance value and take them in my stride.

And tell me since you are suspended on your selling id for more than 4 months how come you are aware of what is going on the site?

Its seems that you are trading on other ids. As per eBay.in rules once a seller is suspended he is not allowed to use the site in any form, he cannot use his other ids and he should also not create any new id.

You are sucking up to eBay.in and at the same time breaking all their rules and also abusing the community boards (you are also not allowed to post on the community boards if you are suspended).
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

sanjay-k
Community Member
Another Nigerian fraud. It seems eBay cannot do any verification at all and its a waste of time and money to list things on eBay for sale. Definately not a site meant for genuine sellers. I will cancel all my auctions and change to rediff shopping. EBAY SUCKS. Its a fraud site and this Nigerian menace is a fraud by EBAY to cheat sellers out of listing fees. You are frauds. Here is a copy of the mail recieved from the present buyer. Please note that its exactly the same as the last one. Only the user id is different. ARE YOU PEOPLE SLEEPING?????

hello seller,

how are you doing today? i recieved your mail about the goods i
bought from your store, and as the managing dirrector of jazyroofing company i just want to send the goods to my friend in nigeria as a gift.so what i need from you, is that i want you to send the goods to my friend house and calculate all the money you use i will pay you througth western union money order. this is the address in which i want u to send it to
Name...Joshua ..Ekene.........
Address......50a ...iyobosa st off new lagos rd.......
City...benin....... .
State.....edo......
Country...Nigeria......
Zipcode..23452...........
please filll this form so that it will enable me to proceed the payment through werstern union money order
Name....................
Address.......................
City................. .
State...................
Country........ .......
Zipcode..........................
tell..........................
Fax...............................
Awaiting your repply.
Message 25 of 32
latest reply

sanjay-k
Community Member
Member or Item being reported: 5827279434

Message: FRAUD BUYER -- NIGERIAN FRAUD. Here's a copy of the email I recieved from him:-

hello seller,

how are you doing today? i recieved your mail about the goods i
bought from your store, and as the managing dirrector of jazyroofing company i just want to send the goods to my friend in nigeria as a gift.so what i need from you, is that i want you to send the goods to my friend house and calculate all the money you use i will pay you througth western union money order. this is the address in which i want u to send it to
Name...Joshua ..Ekene.........
Address......50a ...iyobosa st off new lagos rd.......
City...benin....... .
State.....edo......
Country...Nigeria......
Zipcode..23452...........
please filll this form so that it will enable me to proceed the payment through werstern union money order
Name....................
Address.......................
City................. .
State...................
Country........ .......
Zipcode..........................
tell..........................
Fax...............................
Awaiting your repply.
Message 26 of 32
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Dear Positng,

Why do you always have something not so pleasent to say.

Any you seem to be a very jealous soul..

anywasz...

Just for your information i am a regular seller of Mobiles and Computer Goods on ebay under the id Sastaitshop so i am up to date wit the activites here.

REgards :) Sunny 🙂

!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
dear Positng if you check the community boards you will find my Thread where i had mentioned already that "Nigerian buyers creatign HAvon !! AGAIn !!"

This was after a small break when they were not active .. but they seem to have found some alternative way of getting back on the site.

Regards :) Sunny 🙂

!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

sanjay-k
Community Member
minu75_jpr has an excellent idea. I will start a thread with names of fake bidders which every one can keep updating. Then we block them from bidding
Message 29 of 32
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
THE ONLY WAY OUT,WHICH I SEE IS,
BOTH SELLER AND BUYER VERIFIFICATION,IT IS A MUST.
BECAUSE OF NO BUYER AND EVEN SELLER VERIFICATION PEOPLE ARE LOSING HOPE IN EBAY(YOU CAN SEE POSTS FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUFFERED DUE TO FRAUD SELLERS AS WELL AS BUYERS).

THIS WASNT THE CASE IN BAAZEE,IF BAAZEE CAN DO IT WHY CANT EBAY.

REGARDS,
ATUL
Message 30 of 32
latest reply