Wrong contact number of the buyer

kvsheth2007
Community Member
I had submitted one Apple Macbookpro for selling on ebay. I recd the confirmation from ebay that the same has been sold. But the mobile number of the buyer (provided by ebay) is wrong. The buyer is not even replying from his available e-mail ID. The item serial number is 150091992607. As the item has been shown as sold, now no buyer would turn up till the listing period ends.

How to get the buyer? What is the option available now? Please suggest.

Thanks & regards

K V Sheth
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi K V Sheth,

The buyer of your item is No longer registered with eBay. The only option to sell your item is to Relist it once again and open a Report an Unpaid Item dispute with your buyer to get back the Final Value Fee credit. Otherwise 5% of the selling price you will have to pay to eBay. Go to Help section and read carefully how to get the Final Value Fee credit because your amount is too high.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

kvsheth2007
Community Member
Thanks skygiftworldwide

How can a buyer disapper after finalizing a deal of purchase? Even the contact number of the buyer is also fake. Ebay must have done enough verification before registering a buyer (similar exercise was done for my registration as a seller). Looks like something is wrong somewhere.

Thanks & Regards

K V Sheth
Message 3 of 3
latest reply