cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is correct ? ebay.in website or Ebay India Customer Care ?

I have listed 240 books for 30 days. I got the information from customer care, after calling repeatedly, that I will be charged 2 rupees per book for 30 days as I have a basic store, and I will be charged 2 rupees per book every time I re-list the book after that for 30 days. So my fees will be 499 (Basic store) + 240 * 2 = 980 Rupees (approx) per month.

Now, on the ebay website , I searched for information regarding selling fees. Ebay rules regarding selling fees are printed here >> Please visit this link :

http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees.html

I quote

"You will be charged a monthly Subscription Fee, based on the subscription level, for opening an eBay Shop. You will also be charged an Insertion Fee in all categories other than Books & Magazines, Movies & Music, Video & Computer Games, Fun Stuff, Services & Real Estate, and Charity."

So according to ebay rules, printed specifically on ebay.in website : no insertion fees for books. It is very clear.

In the same page, there is another quote :

Note:
"You will be charged a monthly Subscription Fee, based on the subscription level, for opening an eBay Shop. You will also be charged an Insertion Fee in all categories other than Books & Magazines, Movies & Music, Video & Computer Games,Services & Real Estate, and Charity."

So, once again, in the article on ebay.in website where ebay fees are explained : specifically, it says, no listing fees for books.

I still searched for more information regarding this on ebay.in website, and I found this :

http://pages.ebay.in/promotion/price-changes.html#c01

The title of page is : Important Price Changes - Frequently Asked Questions

Here, I quote :

Question is :

What are the Fee changes in Books & Magazines and Movies & Music categories?

"No Listing Fees will be charged in the Books & Magazines and Movies & Music categories."

Question is :

What is the new Listing Fees for Books & Magazines and Movies & Music categories?

No Listing Fees will be charged in the Books & Magazines and Movies & Music categories.

Seriously...there is so much conflicting information...ebay customer care says one thing, ebay.in website says one thing and I am charged one other thing for my account fees.

My question is very simple. I have 240 odd books which I have listed for 30 days and a basic store subscription....How much basic rent to ebay should I pay each month if I keep re-listing that number of books ?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, i have been paying Rs 2 every month for my books too.

India CS is pathetic.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

immensechaisma

I dont understand why website says one thing and ebay employees say something else.....I dont mind paying the money.... its not a big sum....but... why should I pay if the ebay.in website itself specifically says I dont have to ? I dont understand thats all. Either cut my fees and refund what has been taken from me for listing of my books or change what is written on the website. Thats all.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Either ebay.in website is wrong.... or ebay customer care and the people who charge my fees are wrong.... Ebay people themselves should decide who is right and who is wrong, and take action accordingly. Both are not right. That is definite. Both are saying factually opposite things.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

When you list the product it is shown how much money is charged. If Rs 2 is deducted each Time then that probably means that the ebay India website is not updated to show that money would be charged for listing books as well.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have a Featured Shop on eBay UK and as per the below link, I should not be paying an Basic Insertion Fee to eBay for up to 500 Listings. Yet eBay India shamelessly charges the Insertion fee.

Check the link: http://announcements.ebay.com/2013/05/sellers-starting-today-may-1-get-up-to-2500-free-listings-every-month-with-an-ebay-stores-subscription/
Message 6 of 6
latest reply