Very Low Sales

Hi All,

We have been struggling with very low sales for the past week. Have hardly sold 1/5th of my usual sales.

Any one else facing this downturn in sales?

Regards

Super.Shopper.24x7
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Very Low Sales

i-baymall
Community Member
Hi all,
I am not so an expert in all these but I thought that it would be good to contribute on this ongoing topic. I am also currently facing a down in sales and its going down day by day. This goes back 5 years (approx) when BAZEE was an online hit. One of my friend use to be a Superseller. He wasn't a big time like owning a Nokia store or a shop in supermarket. He use to sell from home. The sales were so good that instead of going to the market to fetch stuff, he had them packed and sent it for him. He was a seller from BAZEE time. The funny thing is if anyone asks me what I am doing and if I tell him I'm into EBAY, they give me a blank look. So I have to remind them of BAZEE. And their reaction is "Oh BAZEE.com, that online stuff". You know what everyone is aware of BAZEE but not EBAY. I know its a big hit in US but here I think the BUZZ is diminishing.
Some reasons I think for this downfall is:

1. Unless you promote through TV, Newspapers, Magazines etc. how would a normal person be aware of its existence(I have seen ads of BAZEE on TV but not EBAY).

2. Due to number of buyers going down the sales is down which again leaves no choice for the sellers but to increase their margin.
( It is a fact. If you use to sell 10 items per day with a margin of Rs.50, it adds up to Rs.500. But if the current sales is 2 per day you would try to extract at least Rs.250 out of it, which will lead to increased price which in turn turns buyer away adding to a vicious cycle.)

3. New policies which are Buyer friendly but suffocating for Sellers. I understand EBAY is trying to please the buyers. But which buyers? Those handful left??? EBAY I think is no more a universal concept in India but more of a small community where only known members participate.

4. Genuine sellers have stopped selling because of the policies. Seller can be kicked off anytime, barring from sales for a month because of 1-2 negative feedbacks. Do you guys know how much effort it takes and how much pain you have to go through when your account is suspended? You incur a heavy loss because of some buyers whose demand you couldn’t meet if you make a small mistake. Everyone make mistakes, right?

5. EBAY wouldn’t listen to the cries and worries of sellers. This particular page is just a place to vent out frustrations. Constant writings will not even move a hair of EBAY officials. Probably they are busy finding faults in sellers.

It is increasingly becoming difficult for sellers like me to survive this ongoing onslaught. If there is a remedy kindly let me know. If I am wrong in any sense kindly comment and leave your views too. Also acknowledge if you share the same view.
Adios
Raj
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

yaaa sales is toooo down
this is because buyer just see the price
the lowest price goes like a hot cake
and the monopoly item is like hot cake
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

ebay should find some solution for that
or else seller would stop selling
Message 33 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

impexim
Community Member
very poor sales,why???
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

I have not seen a single sale for last 2 weeks . No idea what it takes to boost the sale. I have total of 11 sales for last 1 month out of which 3 buyers picked more than 1 product . So literally ebay could give only 5 customers over a period of 1 month. This is too less as compared to the reputation that ebay enjoyes.

Paromita Das
Fashion Designer & Garment Manufacturer ( Owner )
Fashion Studio Urban Purple
2nd Floor , Kapilan Orchid
# 25 , 7th Main , 80 Feet Road
Subana Palya Extn , Bangalore - 560043
Tel : 080 - 41126730
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

Hi,

I have been looking for a thread like yours. I've hardly sold something this last weeks were a complete disaster. I know know if people are facing difficult times in the States or if there are other sites from where people are buying or too many sellers and few buyers.

Maybe more than one of the above is true. Please if you have any anwers to the above let me know.

Thanks

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

Hi,

Still down with low sales! Smiley Frustrated

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

Hello Sellers, Since July 2013 I am trying to sell stuffs on EBAY.IN

starting2 months I got good orders and then trouble started, Slag in market, Buyers dont leave u FEEDBACKS and then too those who leave have some unreal problem unrelated to products and they blame sellers for the same, and ebay being only baised to Buyers, in the end Sellers have to suffer, since 2 months I hv furnished only 4 real order and had to refund 3-4 buyers as either their area was not servible thru powership (low cost shipping) or sometime spray paints cannot be carried thru flights (recent restriction )

I was always in communication with my buyers.

Now EBAY.IN has restricted any listing from my account for one month because I hv received low raitng etc from buyers,

I dont understand, I hv all positive feedbacks and I didnt made much sales in last 2 months, plus I hv been honest with my buyers to avoid future troubles, but still I got this from ebay.in

I m really reconsidering to concentrate on other selling sites, as in every aspect EBAY is costlier and biased.

Feeling totally demotivated

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

also due to undue ebay policies against sellers, feedback policies and power to buyers, Sellers are all floored and helpless, ebay should review their anti-seller policies or they looser good sellers
Message 39 of 41
latest reply

Very Low Sales

Woman Sad

Message 40 of 41
latest reply