cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting the best courier company by discussions

Hi,
I am a Delhi based seller on ebay,from the start i have been using professional couriers as my shipping partner.Their charges are following.
BY AIR PARCEL
Till 500gms-Rs30
500gms To 1 kg-Rs60
Additional Kg's-Rs60

Surface Parcel
Till 1 kg-Rs30
Each Additional Kg-Rs30

They cover most of the locations but sometimes for some location there delivery is very poor specially NORTH.

Please share your views about it and advice me about some other better shipping company in this price range or somewhat higher.
Regards
Nikhil Madan
carsaccessories
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
dear sir

how much parcels you ship normally as my personal experience they would really help you to close your ebay business

currently i am doing business with bluedart and they are very well

try to go for a branded courier company

in ernakulam and cochin professional courier just stop your parcel and call the buyer to collect the parcel in which you would definitely receive a negative feedback

and baragain with them i am doing business with them on 20 rs for 500 gm in rest of india for ncr 15 rs. for rajasthan 10 rs and for jaipur 5 rs
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi,
Thank you for replying,even i am looking to shift to a branded courier company.
Usually i send 10 parcels a day,sometimes more and sometimes less.
These rates are bargained prices,usually in the start they used to charge more.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Experiences differ from place to place. I don't think there'd be any one courier that's best for everyone everywhere. This is my own experience:

I live in a state capital but it's in a remote part of the country. I've been using Speed Post regularly for many years now and it's by far the best courier for me.

Popular private couriers like DTDC, First Flight, Overnite, etc are very slow in this area. Some of them, like DTDC, refuse to do door delivery despite complaints and criticisms.

Speed Post articles normally take 4-7 days to arrive from any place in India whereas private couriers take 10-20 days (average 2 weeks).

Speed Post doesn't have a flat rate. You can check their rates at http://indiapost.gov.in/SpeedPost.html They also have a collection service for regular customers.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
dear sir (pimpom_in1)

do you think they are profesisonal in doing the services and major issue speed post is also not available in all over india. rest what about the POD

and tracking

please guide me

thanks '
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi,
Speed post do cover all india as well as remote areas but the problem is they are quite expensive when compared to private courier company.

@arihant_enterprises
The rates you mentioned are unbelievable for me,these could be the best rates possible.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
dear sir
actually upto my knowledge its not speed post its indian post covers all location

indian post book the parcels under parcel mode

thanks
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@arihant_enterprises
First of all, allow me to make it clear that I'm speaking as a buyer, not a seller.

As far as my own experience goes, the Speed Post people are very professional and the local staff here are very nice to deal with. For instance, I received an article today and I mentioned to the postman that I forgot to record the delivery times of another two consignments that I received last week. He took my phone number, went back to the P.O. and checked their records. Then he called to tell me the delivery times. Of course, some branches may not provide such friendly services.

They have a detailed tracking system that displays every step of the route: When it's booked at the P.O. branch, when it's moved to a larger branch office, when it's sent to the airport, which flight it's on and the bag number, etc etc until it's finally delivered.

On the negative side, their tracking system occasionally displays the wrong information. Sometimes it shows the wrong P.O. branch of origin, wrong destination and wrong dates. This probably happens when there's a glitch in their network. Even in such cases, delivery and transit times are NOT affected.

It should also be noted that, for security reasons, some P.O. branches do not accept electronic products. Some branches accept them if the package is taken to the P.O. in an open parcel and sealed there under supervision. Some branches don't have any restrictions.

Even in branches where they are more strict, such as Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, etc., they probably have an arrangement with regular customers because some companies can send me their products by SP. This includes non-eBay sources.

Hope this helps.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
dear sir

actually my past experience has been very bad i have sent almost 100 parcels in last three months out of which i have to refund 20 % of the buyer because of non deliverey whereas other courier charges rs 30 at most for 500 gms but speed post charges for south rs 57 from jaipur

its a bit expensive

please avoid if i said anything wrong to anyone
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

hi arihant_enterprises
how much blue dart is charging for different locations?
Message 10 of 11
latest reply