cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Tax Notice to all Maharashtra Ebay Sellers

HI All Sellers,

Ebay india has shared details of all Maharashtra sellers with the state sales tax department and all sellers have received a summon notice to appear before the commissioner and being asked to pay all VAT + penalty and interest...

even if a seller has made a Re 1 sales interstate are being asked to pay VAT with penalty.

Beware other state sellers it may happen with you soon.......

What our opinion is why ebay allowed sellers to sell without VAT/TIN numbers.......

check attached notices

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay has shared details of every single transaction.......bank account details and address which sellers has used over the year....

sales department has all data....right from day 1 of your sales......

other state get ready and make ur documents ready and pay your taxes to avoid penalty and interest..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Anyone who is workimg with vat officials on the abivr issue. We can work together to influence vat officer. If yes please let me know my email is Happyshoppingindia@yahoo.com
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I made this point earlier in a GST discussion that Ebay has violated rules by allowing sellers to sell items without VAT/TIN number since its in violation with the official government policy. Every state in India makes it mandatory for the sellers to obtain VAT/TIN number if they are making interstate sales.

There is a reason why other other sites didn't allow sellers to list items without VAT number. Ebay violated the rule and a lot of sellers intentionally ignored it while others had no idea. 

This has become habit of EBay to violate Indian Laws. Similar activity once got Paypal banned in India by the Reserve Bank and it only managed to start operations again once it registered as bank in India.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Anyone who paid mvat dues. I am about to pay and need guidance
Message 5 of 5
latest reply